Garden Grill or Coral Reef

Dinardo

Run away from Coral Reef. Only restaurant at WDW that was so awful that I went to Guest Relations. Unhappy, snarky staff...this was 4 years ago and I am not even tempted to try again it was so sub-par.

Funny you said "snarky staff" - I thought I was the only one who may have had that encounter.

In a nutshell, my 5 year old asked me what a certain item was on the kid's menu - I told her it was spaghetti. The server looked at me and said "sir, actually, its a bolognese". I could hear how disgusted he was when I described it as spaghetti. I asked him to figure out a better way to describe bolognese to a five year old.

Hockey89

Funny you said "snarky staff" - I thought I was the only one who may have had that encounter.

In a nutshell, my 5 year old asked me what a certain item was on the kid's menu - I told her it was spaghetti. The server looked at me and said "sir, actually, its a bolognese". I could hear how disgusted he was when I described it as spaghetti. I asked him to figure out a better way to describe bolognese to a five year old.
What a dope.....

Minnesota disney fan

It seems like Garden Grill is the winner, LOL!
We have eaten at both places. We ate at Coral Reef before the dining plan started. It was a nice quiet place for adult dining. Then, we tried it after the dining plan, and it was incredibly LOUD and chaotic. The waiter had to shout for our order and we shouted what we wanted. I would imagine Disney has addressed this by now; as I say, it was a while ago. The food the 2nd time was not good either.

I ate at the Garden Grill recently and fell in love with it. I love the rotating restaurant, the excellent service, the delicious food, and the fun interaction with the characters. That's saying a lot, because I usually avoid character meals. I would highly recommend the Garden Grill. But in all fairness, I haven't eaten at the CR for a long time.

Phonedave

Garden Grill.

I have eaten at the GG multiple times. It used to be consistently good. Call it a solid B trending towards B+. Lately it seems to be hit or miss, and sometimes it slides into the C+ range.

I ate at Coral Reef in November. I actually found the service to be friendly. The food, not so good. Really just poor all around. The decor also leaves a lot to be desired, especially for what is supposed to be a nicer restaurant.

Now, I likely will not go back to GG again, because pricing has become way too high, and i just don't eat that much to make it worth it, and with older kids, characters are not anything on our list anymore.

However, I definitely will not go back to Coral Reef unless there are some drastic changes. There are just too many better choices in close proximity.

So now my list of restaurants in WDW that I will not go two, has doubled. Coral Reef has been added to the abomination known as Cape May Cafe. I am beginning to think WDW cannot do seafood.

-dave

YankeeMouse

I've been told that the staff there is unhappy and it's a bad and decidedly unmagical climate working there. It shows, doesn't it?

bennyw01

This is interesting, my wife booked San Angel Inn which I gather is meant to be absolutely terrible and not worth the money.. so I figured we would try Coral Reef.. desserts look fantastic! but it seems people are having a bit of an issue with it.

JTT

I love both. Last trip, the family wanted seafood and the aquarium. Some trips, we they want home coking and characters. It depends on what you and your family are in the mood for.

danyoung56

I usually start with the Tostadas de Carmarón - Crispy Corn Tortillas topped with Acapulco-style Shrimp and Avocado, and then move on to the Mole Poblano - Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of chipotle rice, with the classic "mole" sauce, made with nuts, spices, chiles and a hint of chocolate, with poblano peppers and corn tortillas (descriptions from allears.net).

Minnesota disney fan

I usually start with the Tostadas de Carmarón - Crispy Corn Tortillas topped with Acapulco-style Shrimp and Avocado, and then move on to the Mole Poblano - Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of chipotle rice, with the classic "mole" sauce, made with nuts, spices, chiles and a hint of chocolate, with poblano peppers and corn tortillas (descriptions from allears.net).

YUM! you are making me hungry, LOL. I will look for a reservation for our upcoming trip, Thanks:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom