News Gangway being prepped near to the Contemporary - second level access coming to the ferry boat?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm still trying to visualize how this will work. That ramp looks huge and takes up what looks like all the space the center walkway does now. How do they get that AND the ground level platform up to the boat, and I guess only one upper ramp?

JoeCamel

I'm still trying to visualize how this will work. That ramp looks huge and takes up what looks like all the space the center walkway does now. How do they get that AND the ground level platform up to the boat, and I guess only one upper ramp?
It looked like the upper level exits to the side of the boat?

Mike730

I think the last remaining piece is visible at the far end of the photo below. Looks like it will cap the end of the the stairs like a "T" sending gangways to both sides, both ferries. The gangways are lifted like a drawbridge in the photo but presumably will be lowered when in place at the dock.
1632776809797.png

SteveAZee

Maybe a bridge over troubled waters ... connecting CR and WL. Imagine being able to walk into MK while enjoying WL.
There was some discussion about that recently in one of the forums here. Problems with going under the water given the limited width and danger to pedestrians, and then going over it but there needs to a lot of headroom for boats going through but also some concern about slope of a pathway to and from due to ADA compliance.

Lots of armchair engineering but I don't think anyone had a clean solution.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think the last remaining piece is visible at the far end of the photo below. Looks like it will cap the end of the the stairs like a "T" sending gangways to both sides, both ferries. The gangways are lifted like a drawbridge in the photo but presumably will be lowered when in place at the dock.
View attachment 589552

Wow.. very interesting approach. I imagine this makes the traffic patterns on the approaches a bit more involved, but it makes sense in how to create more ramp space in the existing landings. Quite savvy.

EpcoTim

View attachment 589552

Looks like one of the boats slammed into it already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom