Galaxy Edge phases poll

What is your opinion on Galaxy's Edge being open in two phases?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jessfree

Original Poster
Disney just released that Galaxy's Edge will be split into two phases in order to let guests experience the land earlier than expected. What are your thoughts? I personally was very surprised by the news.

TwilightZone

I don't care too much. I will be sort of disappointed if rise isn't open when my trip comes, but since the rest of the land is open, I'm fine with it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So.....they just found a way to double the crowd. Smh..in amazement. Two grand openings. Well, done.

Now I wonder if there will be 2 price increases accordingly.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I have a feeling RotR is going to be very technically complex and challenging, so in that sense, I'm glad they're going to hopefully get it working optimally, however they're doing the same delay on both coasts, so it has to be about the crowd control as well.

I'm not planning to visit in the first few months anyway, so I don't really care.

yensidtlaw1969

My feeling when I first read about the phased opening was basically "yeah, I don't know why I ever believed they'd open this all at once to begin with". Though, I think the sentiment was born less out of feeling like they'd want to milk it and more out of feeling like it was too much to manage. I'd never sensed that it might have been optimistic to think it would all come online in the same day, but in hindsight it seems pretty much that.

The biggest, baddest, most technical land they've ever done? Even New Fantasyland didn't open all at once, and that pales in comparison to Star Wars.

I do wonder if at the end of the day they would have rathered opening it all at once, since that would have been quite an impressive show of force if they did get it all up and running together. I'm sure it won't matter too much in the end either way, because when it is firing on all cylinders it's sure to blow everyone and everything away, but it does ring a little bit of tripping on the finish line.

skimbob

I unfortunately have a trip already planned and paid for less than two weeks after opening. I hope the othe three parks aren’t so crowded because I am sure HS will reach capacity.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I unfortunately have a trip already planned and paid for less than two weeks after opening. I hope the othe three parks aren’t so crowded because I am sure HS will reach capacity.
You can always call and complain, saying you based your dates on their "Fall 2019" announcements, and ask for some kind of compensation or an offer to move your dates.

August 31 is by no measure "Fall"...

Paper straw fan

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You can always call and complain, saying you based your dates on their "Fall 2019" announcements, and ask for some kind of compensation or an offer to move your dates.

August 31 is by no measure "Fall"...
We arrive 9/3. I’m counting myself blessed to experience most of the land a whole year earlier than I had any reason to expect.

Yeah, my meticulously planned calendar means nothing right now, but I refuse to run around complaining that the sky is falling.

An EMH or two; a paid event if possible; a Tier 1 FP for MMRR (or Slinky Dog); Tier 2 FP’s for ToT and Midway Mania, standby Launch Bay and Frozen Sing-along, and I think we’ll have two fabulous days at HS. We have 6 fully planned days at other parks, and another two days that are “flex days” that can become whatever we want.

We’ve already got Sci Fi ADR’s, which means I know we’re going to be able to sit down somewhere to eat.

No matter what, there are almost 6 months for things to unfold. I don’t know how it’s going to be handled, but I do know that we will not be going to Guest Services and complaining. It is what it is. And what it is, is a totally unexpected preview of 80% of SW:GE.

And I am excited.

The Empress Lilly

What are your thoughts?
I've got a bad feeling about this...

I had a possible trip planned for the last week of August / first week of September. But it is now likely WDW, certainly DHS, will be Star Wars Incel Con 1138. Not to mention, swamped with lifestylers and bloggers.

I don't need to be among the first to see a land. That is of no importance to me. I'd rather see SWL for the first time without Hillsborough-like crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom