Galaxy’s Edge entrance?? Which side is better?

NicNoc1203

Original Poster
My oddest question yet.. which entrance into Galaxy’s Edge has a more dramatic effect for a huge Star Wars fan that has not been yet? Would it be the Toy Story side or the Grand Avenue side?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So enter by Muppets 3-D then? Sorry we haven’t been in 6 years so I haven’t seen new Toy Story Land or Galaxy’s Edge. 😳

Correct. Baseline Taphouse (opened in 2017) is across the street from Muppets 3-D Fountain Courtyard/Pizza Rizzo. Just walk down the hill in front of Star Tours and Sci Fi Diner (new Restrooms to the right-hand side, but they are tiny).

The Toy Story Land (Opened in 2018) entrance from Andy's backyard is quite different with lots of splashed concrete walls but dumps you right out into Blackspire. The tunnel entrance brings you in through the outskirts of town.

NicNoc1203

Original Poster
Correct. Baseline Taphouse (opened in 2017) is across the street from Muppets 3-D Fountain Courtyard/Pizza Rizzo. Just walk down the hill in front of Star Tours and Sci Fi Diner (new Restrooms to the right-hand side, but they are tiny).

The Toy Story Land (Opened in 2018) entrance from Andy's backyard is quite different with lots of splashed concrete walls but dumps you right out into Blackspire. The tunnel entrance brings you in through the outskirts of town.
Perfect! Thank you so so much!!

JIMINYCR

My first visit was through the tunnel Grand Ave entrance. It starts you off with some amazing landscape views and scenery . Then as you venture further into the areas it builds with more exciting scenes and theming giving you a feeling of immersion. For a first time visitor I’d advise you to go that way so your impression of the land continues to WOW you the more you advance through. I was impressed more than I anticipated.

Rob562

My first visit was through the tunnel Grand Ave entrance. It starts you off with some amazing landscape views and scenery . Then as you venture further into the areas it builds with more exciting scenes and theming giving you a feeling of immersion. For a first time visitor I’d advise you to go that way so your impression of the land continues to WOW you the more you advance through. I was impressed more than I anticipated.

Second this. I'd say the biggest "reveal" in the land (outside of an attraction) is the first view of the Falcon when approaching from the street the Cantina is on.

When I bring first-timers I have a meandering route I like to take: Enter from Grand Ave/Muppets. Walk past Rise (ride it if you're there first thing), walk up and through the marketplace where Kat Saka's popcorn stand is, but turn right to leave the market before you get to Ronto Roasters. Then turn left to follow the ground-level path over past the Milk Stand, up past Oga's to the big reveal of the Falcon.

-Rob

Club Cooloholic

We went through toy story first time to avoid some crowds. But the Muppet entrance is more dramatic. Funny thing is we just got back from Disneyland and they hide the star wars land better there, we never went in(I think we found the entrance) it was mad crowded that day so we knew we would not get on anything).

Last edited:

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Second this. I'd say the biggest "reveal" in the land (outside of an attraction) is the first view of the Falcon when approaching from the street the Cantina is on.

When I bring first-timers I have a meandering route I like to take: Enter from Grand Ave/Muppets. Walk past Rise (ride it if you're there first thing), walk up and through the marketplace where Kat Saka's popcorn stand is, but turn right to leave the market before you get to Ronto Roasters. Then turn left to follow the ground-level path over past the Milk Stand, up past Oga's to the big reveal of the Falcon.

-Rob
This is the way.

Imhere

I think the tunnel by Baseline Taphouse is the best entry to Galaxy's Edge.

In addition to creating the best atmosphere, chances are I'll be entering with a beer in my hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom