Galactic Cruiser hotel

Bpmorley

I know they are closing this. Does anyone know if they are running tours for those of us that never got to see it(or couldn't afford to stay). I've been scouring pages and can't find anything. I even did live chat with a CM and got a maybe. Just wondering

JIMINYCR

I doubt Dis would run tours for a spot theyve closed. Taking CM's and having them act as tour guides in a failed enterprise would be a waste of staffing and further expend money they desperately need to staff positions in other places. Disney wouldnt want to further embarrass themselves by showcasing something that they couldnt succeed at.

Upvote 0

GraysonsDad

I wonder what they will use that building for!? Complete this sentence...
I can see it being used as...?
an expansion of Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios. Not sure how far of a walk it is from the end of Galaxy's Edge to the hotel if you went straight through the back of the park (rather than taking roads/sidewalks), but if they expanded HWS I could see that happening.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I wonder what they will use that building for!? Complete this sentence...
I can see it being used as...?
Most probable use #1... A warehouse/ dumping ground for storage. Disney has an abysmal record for using vacant buildings by repurposing them for another use that would benefit guests.
Use # 2.. Overflow housing for DCP workers.
Use #3... Open it up as a dinner show that guests are entertained by the CM's who already are up to speed on playing their role as SW characters.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Most probable use #1... A warehouse/ dumping ground for storage. Disney has an abysmal record for using vacant buildings by repurposing them for another use that would benefit guests.
Use # 2.. Overflow housing for DCP workers.
Use #3... Open it up as a dinner show that guests are entertained by the CM's who already are up to speed on playing their role as SW characters.
I like the idea of #3.
We like Star Wars, but wouldn't be able to justify the cost to stay at the hotel. However a fun themed dinner? I would totally do something like that.
Another idea that I highly doubt Disney would do with it would be making into a kid's club.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

A dinner show would be a marvelous and hugely popular idea, which would sell out and immediately become the hardest thing to book in all of WDW, however ludicrous the price point... which is probably why we'll never see it come to fruition. Current management isn't into good ideas that guests would coincidentally love, just cheap ones, and producing a dinner show with live actors and themed dining will cost something. (pleasepleaseplease let disney prove me wrong)

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I like the idea of #3.
We like Star Wars, but wouldn't be able to justify the cost to stay at the hotel. However a fun themed dinner? I would totally do something like that.
Another idea that I highly doubt Disney would do with it would be making into a kid's club.

Kids club, aka "Kiddie Gulag" is a concept that they've already discarded at all of the resorts. They still have CM lead activities, but holding pens were determined to not be a wise expenditure of assets.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I like the idea of #3.
A Kids club wouldnt be an option simply because the money wouldnt be there. However the dinner show would be very profitable and a more likely avenue they would take.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

I like the idea of #3.
But knowing Disney, they will opt for option #1 and use the area as a dumping storage area!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom