Ga hotel along 95??

trucillo

Original Poster
I will be driving from NJ Sept 24 and would like to stop somewhere in Ga along 95. Anyone have any recomendations?

We usually stop around Florence, SC but I would like to go further this year. BTW: This is th 5th or 6th time driving.

THANKS!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Don't know about GA, we drive as well, and stop in Jacksonville. That way, I can still rest up, and it's only a couple of hours to Orlando in the morning.

Good luck finding a place in GA. :wave:

it all depends on where in Ga you want to stay. My family stays in or around Brunswick which is about 30 miles from the Fla Ga boarder. There are also places in Kingsland Ga which is 2 miles from the boarder. You also have the choice to stay up in Savannah which is just south of the SC Ga boarder.

McArcDes

One time when I was driving down from Massachusetts I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express at the Georga / Florida border. It was very nice. I got a room with a king size bed and was only about 3-4 hours drive from the parks when I got up rested in the morning. The rooms were clean, nicely appointed, the staff was nice and helpful too. This was back in May of 1998 but I would imagine that it is still there. Hope this helps.

CTripp

I live in Richmond Hill, GA which is four hours and thirty minutes from WDW. There are some nice places in our area perfect for that. Also, the Savannah exit has some also. There are a lot of places to eat there also.

Journey

Here is my two cents!

As a kid, our family would drive from NC to California every other year or so, and we always stayed at a Best Western motels. Now maybe I was brain washed or something, but now I just look at the road side signs and usually they are far enough in advanced , that I can plan on stopping!

Just make sure they don't put you infront of the ice machine! :lol:
That happened on our way back from this last trip, Luckly I was so tired I did'nt care! Bonus indoor swimming pool made up for it! :wave:

Dalabar

We drive from PA and usually stop in Savannah, GA. There are plenty of hotels there and places to eat (Cracker Barrel etc). Last time we stayed at the La Quinta. The place was clean and they had a nice continental breakfast with make-your-own waffles. I think we paid something like $54 for the night.

Wilt Dasney

I'm from Brunswick, which as someone said earlier, is a little over half an hour from the border (approximately an hour, 10 minutes to Jacksonville). We're kind of a tourist area , with the islands and golf courses, so there are plenty of hotels here not too far from I-95. I don't know much about them, but driving around, I see everything from fleabags to really nice-looking places, so I'm sure the area can accomodate any budget or taste, if you'd like to check it out.

maelstrom

We usually stay in Savannah, which is right into Georgia. I can't give you an exact number exit, but it's in Savannah, and is pretty nice.

trucillo

Original Poster
THANK YOU for all the suggestions! I was thinking of staying somewhere in northern GA. If I get too close to fla. I might get too excited and just keep driving! :lol:

Someone mentioned Best Westerns. When I was younger, we traveled a lot. My father would only stay at those hotels and were were never let down. Now my father seems to like Hampton Inns best.

Now that I travel with my own family, safe and clean are my only two requirements.

Thanks again! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom