FYI...you will get room recommendations!

fanofwdw

Hi all!

Many of you experts may know this, but I just found out from a very nice person at Disney reservations, and I wanted to pass it along to anyone who doesn't know.

I just decided recently to go to WDW this year on the Fall Fling. After reading a lot of the threads on this websites and in other sources, I decided I would try to reserve a specific room or area at the Longhouse I was staying at, but I wanted to know if I had any chance of getting that room, given that I am doing it relatively late. The Reservationist said that (1) not that many people make specific requests and (2) the resort downloads the requests two days before the actual date, so no priority is given to someone who made their reservation a year ago versus someone who made it two months ago.

Bottom line...check into finding out what kind of room you want at a resort (Passporter has some good recommendations and there are some good sites and threads in this forum for finding maps and getting advice) and call back in (if you haven't done it already) and have the reservationist write down your specific preferences. You will probably get them!

dannysbelle

:veryconfu
I just did this for our trip and we did not get what we requested. All I wanted was nonsmoking because three fam members have asthma and are allergic to smoke, and our rooms to be together, but did not have to be connecting. Only two rooms were together, one was on another floor, and one was in another bldg, and only two rooms were nonsmoking. I did however bump into a very friendly luggage guy with connections who got us all in the same bld. on the second night, but I would say a big fat no to having any original requests made.

db

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

that just amazes me that you didn't get all non-smoking rooms as you requested! i always thought that was one of the top priorities when it come to WDW property resorts! i've only heard of this happening at one other hotel (putting someone who asked for non-smoking in a smoking room) and that's Bearclaw Resort (i think that's the name) in Gatlinberg,TN.

as for asking for specific things, we've always asked for specific stuff reguarding our WDW rooms....but there's been several times that we just haven't gotten exactly what we wanted....which is fine, we're not going to make a big fuss over it cuz we know the reservation people can only do so much....but if it were something like smoking/non-smoking rooms, i'd get pretty upset!

Upvote 0

fanofwdw

Original Poster
Sorry for misleading anyone...

Thanks for the heads-up on NOT getting what one wants.

My expectations are more realistic now, and I won't be as disappointed if we don't get what we're asking for this year.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We went May 25-June3...we needed two rooms near or connecting, non smoking, with crib and we requested specific part of the hotel...Dalmations #1 or Toy Story.. had no problems at All Star Movies and we only requested about 5 days prior to our trip. I did call the morning of our arrival before we left home..we flew down..and the CM on the phone was very nice in making a note of it on our reservations since we would be arriving late, we got exactly what we asked for...maybe we were lucky, or maybe the call I made the day of helped out...dont know, but you might give it a try.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Dwarful
we got exactly what we asked for...maybe we were lucky, or maybe the call I made the day of helped out...dont know, but you might give it a try.

i think you were lucky....but calling the day of COULD very well be a factor! most of the time we made requests when we made the reservations (many months in advance) and they always tell us they can't promise us anything. most of the time our special requests are for a specific part of the resort if it's in sections, and like i said, sometimes we get what we want, sometimes we don't. just the luck of the draw, i guess. but it's most definately worth a shot!!

Upvote 0

Disneyfan101

We stayed at the Polynesian the first week of June. I read in the Passporter (a book I highly recommend) to fax to the "room assignor" your room requests 3 days before your arrival date. I did this, and I did get 2 out of 3 requests. I had requested a non-smoking, first floor, garden view room near the quiet pool. We got the Rarotonga building (non-smoking building), with a room that faces the quiet pool, but 2nd floor. Hey 2 out of the 3 is not bad. The Rarotonga building is very convenient when travelling with children. You are close to the Great Ceremonial House, the pools, the restaurants, the beach, and transportation.

Upvote 0

Figaro

Don't know if this is still true, but I was told that if you request a non-smoking room for medical reasons, i.e. asthma, they have to guarantee it.

When you make your reservations, request a non-smoking room and make sure you tell them it is for "medical reasons." I always do this and it even shows on the reservation confirmation sheet "non-smoking room guaranteed". We've never had a problem with that. (Although, I can tell you many other requests that were ignored!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom