FYI - OCSO Running Radar in Parking Lots

G00fyDad

This is yet another WDW hard ticket even. Come on, someone had to say it. :D

WAKA-WAKA-FONZIE.jpg

EOD K9

True dat! Last year I got nabbed right after jumping on World Drive from Epcot Center Drive. The officer was nice enough to bump the stated speed on the ticket from 79 to 70 which saved me a bundle since speeding fines are tiered at every 10 MPH (I think that's what it is). My only beef, however is the actual speed limit itself. Everywhere from North Carolina on down to Florida is 70 MPH on Rt 95. Then it drops to 55 inside WDW. When driving hundreds of miles at 70-80 MPH, it's very easy to just assume that the speed limit has stayed the same. That's my fault for not be observant though... :facepalm:
I'll usually give someone an 11 MPH grace before I pull them over.

5thGenTexan

I'll usually give someone an 11 MPH grace before I pull them over.

I was stopped about one ago for speeding. I did not get a ticket though. I don't think she knew my speed, it sure wasn't noted on the warning. When I saw her I looked down and I was going 69 in a 65. After I passed it took while for her to get going and then longer to turn on the lights. That being said, I have paid much closer attention to my speed lately.

draybook

I'm not going to lie, I drive that rental car like I stole it. Fifty miles per hour down World Drive? No thanks, I'll take 70. I've been extremely lucky I guess, because I speed like it was an Olympic event.

R W B

I speed everywhere I go, it's just how I drive. I drive on racetracks legally but it's just something about opening it up on public streets. Idk, hard to explain but its normal for me to hit triple digits and exceed 100mph on a weekly basis. Ive honestly been stopped and let go more times for going triple digits then I have speeding tickets. I only have 2 of those and they are both for 10mph over from having the cruise control on. Also, No I'm not that idiot weaving in and out of rush hour traffic but if I have an empty open road ahead, only person I can harm is myself. Now with that said, I will NOT speed in a neighborhood or a parking lot of any kind. When I first got my license at age 15 my insurance agent sat me down and had a talk with me and one thing he said that has stuck with me my til now and beyond is if im speeding in a neighborhood or parking lot and I hit and kill a young child, my life is over with and because of that I usually go slower in both areas. Actually to be honest, once I hit Disney World property I'm slowing down, not for cops but just to take it all in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom