FYI: Disney network outage - Most systems back up!

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Just a current FYI for folks trying to get on Disney websites or use Disney Apps.

There is a large network outage causing issues for the main Disney website, Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and Disney Cruse Line websites along with My Disney Experience and most other Disney apps are also down. Some phone systems also seem effected.

mmouse90

Must be a pretty widespread outage since the authentication system Cast members use to access pretty much everything they need is down, as well as Disney's credit union's webpage.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Must be a pretty widespread outage since the authentication system Cast members use to access pretty much everything they need is down, as well as Disney's credit union's webpage.

Any idea what the back end is for that? Active Directory, Oracle Virtual Directory, Novell eDirectory... You may not know but hoping someone else does and could comment.

It's waaaaaay too early to know for sure, but this sounds like a major internal problem. And this is exactly why I never file change requests for Fridays. :cool:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Wonder if it's affecting FP, the dinning reservation system and other park operations?

Just reboot or restart the server. JK - Maybe they've been hacked by Comcast.....the swines.

lostpro9het

Any idea what the back end is for that? Active Directory, Oracle Virtual Directory, Novell eDirectory... You may not know but hoping someone else does and could comment.

It's waaaaaay too early to know for sure, but this sounds like a major internal problem. And this is exactly why I never file change requests for Fridays. :cool:
2IWa.gif

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Per my inside mouse: the CMs can log into computers on the network so it seems the Active Directory is working but many secondary systems that use that plus the Hub IDs are not authenticating for many things. Email and other Microsoft Services seem to be working alright.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

I'm sure Disney has plenty of skilled IT personnel with years of expierience and familiarity with the entire back office operations of Disneys vast networks and servers, and proprietary software on the job right now working on solving this
problem..........................................................................

Figments Friend

Thanks for the info.
I knew i would learn what the issue was here, as i just tried visiting the official WDW website to look over some reservations i have and it's definitely still down.

Hoping the issue is resolved by tomorrow morning......
Guess who has their 60 day FP+ window open up then....?
( talk about a coincidence....)
:oops:

DisneyJoe

I'm sure Disney has plenty of skilled IT personnel with years of expierience and familiarity with the entire back office operations of Disneys vast networks and servers, and proprietary software on the job right now working on solving this
problem..........................................................................
<In my best Sheldon Cooper voice>
Sarcasm?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Ha. That’s the best thing I’ve read all day or week or ever!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

They have an old Speak and Spell and an Etch-A-Sketch they use for the back end....spared no expense.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom