"Future World" or World Showcase

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
Combining all the new districts into one for the sake of ease, if you had to pick one half of the park, which would be your favorite and why?

Hands down, I'd pick World Showcase. The option of going from one destination to the next to experience a bit of other nations is something I can't resist. I love world cultures! The art, the food, the architecture, the music, and the people. It's one reason that I'm so disappointed that a new showcase hasn't been built since Norway and Morocco.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Easy choice. World Showcase. Love going into the Pavilions, talking to the CMs, take in the theming, do some shopping, purchase some snacks that are unique, dine where there’s TS. Only wish there were additions made to the countries and maybe some more country unique entertainment.
Never really even years ago had much love for the Future World.

Horizonsfan

I still lean towards FW. However with so much lost in FW and the relative improvements to WS, it's much closer than at any other point in Epcot's history.

What tips FW is:
1) Weather proof - While the removal of UoE's long experience, WOL, and Innoventions West have lessened this, it's still easier to enjoy this half when rain or extreme heat strikes. WS can be downright unpleasant during the summer and Hurricane seasons.
2) Non-IP rides - I enjoy WS's IP attractions, but they're still secondary compared to SSE, LWTL, or even TT2.0 to me.
3) Quiet Spots - there's still spots within FW to "hide away" at any point in the day. Whereas, in Showcase's perpetual festival state, it's hard to find many outside of perhaps Morocco or Canada.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd go with Future World..But, the Worldy World World district is tooo...um..Worldy..They should have went with Project Gemini's name..
FeUmcqwXkAk9iVc.jpg

Last edited:
Very Tough question that is hard to answer. I love the rides and the attractions, and I love walking around the world and all the dining and atmosphere that is there. all the gift shops and meeting the people from different countries brings a whole nether experience to EPCOT. You see EPCOT I guess in other eyes can be cut in half and have a favorite section. I cannot do that in this case. Yes, I love the land and Test Track and Spaceship Earth and Living with the Sea and so on. Then I enjoy going to all the countries and not to mention we dine a lot at EPCOT. Then throw in a small ride or two and what a great time. Can't imagine not having Crepes in France or a Waffle in Norway or enjoying a pint and a un papa band in Germany, Fish & Chips in the England Section and so on. Then I think about the tasty Hibachi in Japan.

You see I cannot say I like one section better than the other because EPCOT to me is the whole experience all together. I see both sides to this and can agree with you why you like one or the other. But when you look at it as a whole is where I fit in. EPCOT was and is still my favorite followed by Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios to my family).

Good Post and good question.

NelleBelle

Future World has always been my favorite. I love the rides, background music and the retro feel to it. My favorite ride, SE, has been a family favorite. My oldest DS has loved this park since we first took him when he was 15 mo. He learned to walk while the 2 of us were waiting for DH and DM to ride TT. My fondest memory of that first trip with kids was watching him walk through the water play pad and getting soaked.

Don’t get me wrong, I love WS as well but since the festivals have been going nearly year long, the crowds make it a little tiring. And Morocco is just sad. It used to be my favorite country and now it just an empty shell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom