Future World has turned into "walls of construction" land

MicBat

Hawk4255 said:
Yep...revealing a big ole' permanent hot dog stand (or whatever it's going to sell).
:lol: Yeah... I heard about that. Was there any need to cover that entire area of land for a food stand?!

bgraham34

DisneyInsider said:
It seems like a couple of those things might have been spur of the moment maintenance issues that unfortunately require the walls. Look at it this way, the walls are a whole lot better than seeing people actually working.

But I like watching people work. Its entertaining, especially if i am no vacation.

WDWCP

I've never minded the walls any of the times I've been down to visit. I do feel bad for the families who have never been and won't be able to afford to go back anytime soon, if they can ever get back.

With that being said, I just don't see how there could be any other way. Work needs to be done and there will always be SOMEONE who happens to visit while any given work is under way...

Since1976

This is all in preparation for Epcot's new CONSTRUCTION WALLS pavilion, an in-depth interactive exhibit focusing on "not being able to see what's going on behind there."

Rumor has it that Dream Finder will be resurrected for this attraction, though we will only be able to see the tip of his hat just over the wall.

Connor002

Master Yoda said:
Epcot has been the red headed step-child of WDW for a while now so we can expect to see a lot more of these walls until the 25th anniversary. The construction walls never really bother me because I know something better is on its way.

but it does sometimes bother people who don't live close enough to go often, or couldn't aford to go often.

DarkMeasures

Connor002 said:
but it does sometimes bother people who don't live close enough to go often, or couldn't aford to go often.

But they wouldn't really be going at this time of year. They would most likely be going the busiest times of year. School just started so there isn't really going to be much people there.

But the construction would be better now than later. Epcot needs to look great for the 25th. By the time the Living Seas opens, there should be 4 up-to-date FW pavilians out of 5 (including innoventions, which I no longer consider up-to-date as well as Energy because it needs to cover fuel-cels).

Connor002

DarkMeasures said:
But they wouldn't really be going at this time of year. They would most likely be going the busiest times of year. School just started so there isn't really going to be much people there.

But the construction would be better now than later. Epcot needs to look great for the 25th. By the time the Living Seas opens, there should be 4 up-to-date FW pavilians out of 5 (including innoventions, which I no longer consider up-to-date as well as Energy because it needs to cover fuel-cels).

wouldn't the off season prices be cheaper, so then they would go then :veryconfu
i don't really know, i'm just guessing

MagliteL13

For those interested, here's some pictures from Wally's World from today (8/31/05).

You'd be board to death after riding this ride:
DSCF3011Small.jpg

The Land:
DSCF3010Small.jpg

I have no idea what they were doing but it didn't really look like they were 'listening to the land'. Looked like they were searching for buried treasure or something.
DSCF3012Small.jpg

This is totally gonna be a big new super collosal attraction :rolleyes: :
DSCF3013Small.jpg

On the monorail back to the TTC, I noticed it had quite a few problems. The emergency door was down in my car. At the TTC, found out they were down in all the cars. Also, the audio on the train doesn't work too great--it's there but faint and muffled. (BTW, it's Monorail Lime)
DSCF3020Small.jpg

That's all from Wally's World.

uklad79

The picture with the chequred florr and neon lights where is that? I don't think I have ever seen that. As for The Land it looks like they may be sorting the water feature they built during the refit but then it didn't ever have any water in it.

Jekyll Baker

uklad79 said:
The picture with the chequred florr and neon lights where is that? I don't think I have ever seen that.

I believe that used to be the Stargate Restaurant in Communicore West (which part of became Fountainview Espresso & Bakery)

Magister

Noticed that the speakers in my car on Starship Earth were shockingly badly. Lots of cracking. That is one ride that needs update. It is pretty funny when the 'futuristic' stuff looks pretty outdated. Almost as bad as Carosel(sp) of Progress.

polarboi

Since1976 said:
This is all in preparation for Epcot's new CONSTRUCTION WALLS pavilion, an in-depth interactive exhibit focusing on "not being able to see what's going on behind there."

Rumor has it that Dream Finder will be resurrected for this attraction, though we will only be able to see the tip of his hat just over the wall.

That's just a rumor. The truth is that yes, you'll only be able to see the tip of his hat, but that's mostly to conceal the fact that behind the wall is... *gasp*... Dreamfinder Mickey!

Run away, run away! :eek:

-p.b.

Austin1

Magister said:
Noticed that the speakers in my car on Starship Earth were shockingly badly. Lots of cracking. That is one ride that needs update. It is pretty funny when the 'futuristic' stuff looks pretty outdated. Almost as bad as Carosel(sp) of Progress.

Achem..."Starship Earth"? could you possibly mean Spaceship earth? Yes you are right it could use some updating. As for all the construction walls, it's just that time of year at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom