Future of Adventureland

Tank Man

Original Poster
This won’t fit in Rumors or News as it kinda is both and mostly speculation.
Adventureland has genially stayed the same at MK compared to the others, the only one that is not AL is Frontierland but not much really can go in there as Chapek won’t allow any non-IP’s. Unless we get a Western Disney movie.
Disneyland got an update to Adventureland through Indiana Jones but was just a scratch to what was truly planned. MK was supposed to get Fire Mountain which if I am not to quote Jim Hill “It flamed out”
Also we were going to get a Moana water coaster which might come after the 50th which was shelved/ banished to the Fields of unused ideas which would have gone south of the park and into Bay lake, looks like it would have taken up the area where Fire Mountain was going to be.
So the future is unclear for this land and really that it it.
Rumors:
-Moana enters the Tiki room (partly debunked)
-Fire Mountain (Canceled, rumored revived as possible remake to Atlantis)
-Moana Water Coaster (Most likely scrapped)
-Pirates update (Interesting)
-Indy? (Probably going to AK or DHS)
Now we have all known that PotC at MK is a disappointment and they could just bring it back to the DL version but oh, yes Mr. Chapek I said to much,
But in Shanghai for the Treasure Cove area of their Adventureland. It is a mini pirates area with the popular PotC ride for the movies when it was a trilogy. Could this be brought to MK?
This is most likely as I already stated the stuff above.
What do you think,
Not saying it is happening or anything. Just speculation.

Coolbert

Not to be rude or anything, but...

N2dru

Here's hoping an update of the animatronics on Jungle Cruise, maybe the projection mapping effect in the temple like in Tokyo would be cool especially for the 50th. Fire Mountain or Moana coaster would be great but come on we all know those won't be built. One can dream though.😉

TJJohn12

When the east side of the park is a raging tire fire, why muddle with the west side of the park? This feels a bit more like armchair imagineering than any real rumor or news.

Walt Disney1955

Pirates at WDW is not as long as at Disneyland but it does have the far better queue.

I don't think they need to do anything to Adventureland. It is nice and tucked away back there and of all the places it is probably the least busy.

ppete1975

People need to proof read their posts and maybe take some ADHD meds before posting.

But I could see them do something to Jungle cruise (im praying they don't), since the movie is coming out soon.

No western movie? How about Lone Ranger? I found it entertaining, just didn't have the box office appeal because everyone thought it would be jack sparrow in the wild wild west.

I still don't think Chapek is against non ip, if the right non ip came across his desk.

randyjackson

I still think Moana is a way better fit in Adventureland than Epcot would love to see a dark ride but who knows maybe there's room for both

Tank Man

Original Poster
I'm not seeing how Moana's theme fits in the tiki room, or Adventureland in general. Her story revolves around adventure in the South Pacific, Oceania, Polynesia regions. Clearly she belongs in Future World.
It has been stated that they had plans for Moana but chose Tron instead.

Tank Man

Original Poster
People need to proof read their posts and maybe take some ADHD meds before posting.

But I could see them do something to Jungle cruise (im praying they don't), since the movie is coming out soon.

No western movie? How about Lone Ranger? I found it entertaining, just didn't have the box office appeal because everyone thought it would be jack sparrow in the wild wild west.

I still don't think Chapek is against non ip, if the right non ip came across his desk.
We can only dream,
That is what I mostly do.
Jungle Cruise might get a tweak for the movie which is interesting and might be good.
Judging by the not success of Western movies, Frontierland might just stay the same.
Adventureland will be fine without anything but I want something at least updated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom