Funniest Disneyland memory

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I thought this might be a fun thread because everybody needs a giggle!

When I was 10 my family and I went to Disneyland with my godparents and their son, JD, who was a few years older than myself. Both of us are only children so the idea of being on vacation with another kid was AWESOME to both of us.

JD and I had been begging our parents to go on the Mad Hatter's Teacups, but none of them were really game because of all of the spinning. Somehow we wore my godmother down, and she reluctantly joined us in her teacup from hell. As the ride started up JD and I just concentrated on nothing but turning the wheel to get that teacup really moving, while my godmother sat with her head up watching the world spin quickly by. I have no idea how long the ride lasts, but I'm sure that it was an eternity for my godmother. As the ride came to a stop JD and I hopped out of the teacup, and wondered why the CM's were moving so quickly to our cup. They assisted my green godmother to a bench outside of the ride, and told her they had never seen a teacup go quite THAT fast before. She never got sick, but she wasn't quite the same for the rest of the day.

20+ years later I got my godmother a Christmas ornament of Minnie riding in a teacup with the year of our trip on it. When she opened it up she spent the next 10 minutes laughing hysterically and recapping HER version of the story. She said she was actually excited to go on the ride with us. She had watched others on there and thought that the teacups really didn't go that fast. As she settled down in the teacup and saw our looks of determination on the wheel in front of us she wasn't worried. She sat relaxed in the teacup with her arms resting on the back of the cup as we started up. As she was watching the world spin by her grip on the side of the teacup gradually increased to white knuckle mode, and moved into intense concentration not to lose her churros all over us kids as we spun that wheel like our lives depended upon it. She said that she saw multiple CM's talking nervously to one another as we whirled past them multiple times. I personally think she was mouthing for them to stop the ride...LOL! She appreciated being poured out of the teacup quickly and expediently by the CM's, and was grateful for her world to stop spinning minutes after she had gotten off the ride.

She has never gotten on the teacups again...I haven't either because I can't stomach the spinning anymore myself. :depressed:

Please share some of your fun memories too! ;)

Californian Elitist

I never laughed so hard at Disneyland than during the time I went with my sister (Jourdin), our cousin (Alex) and my brother's ex-girlfriend (Sarah) last October. We had planned for it to just be the three of us, but at the last minute, literally as we were pulling out of our driveway at our home in Los Angeles, Sarah pulled up and decided she wanted to come, too. She's from Oregon and had never been to Disneyland, so we wanted to show her a good time.

We got there sometime in the afternoon, maybe around 2 pm, and we first rode Pirates and Pinocchio. After that, everyone was hungry, except me, so we decided to eat at Pizza Port. Sarah and Alex got breadsticks, and Alex complained and talked about how gross they tasted. I don't know why, but all four of us started dying. It was hilarious. Then Alex got mad because we were basically sitting around, just talking, and she wanted to get on more rides. The way she was expressing herself was hysterical. By the end of lunch, all four of us were in tears, laughing.

That was one of the best Disneyland trips I've ever experienced. Not because we laughed so much, but because everything just worked out nicely that day. There were no disagreements, we got to do the attractions we wanted, nothing was down and we had a first-timer with us. It was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom