Funniest Disney vacation experience or memory

mightyduck

Original Poster
The first that comes to mind was when my brother's roll-a-way bed broke and snapped up, both ends folded up, with him asleep inside it. My mother had an asthma attack from laughing at him.... He was late getting up that morning to begin with... :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Mightyduck, your visits to WDW are much more "interesting" than mine. If I were in your place, I would definitely have an approach/avoidance attitude towards the place! You seem like a lovely person, but I'm not sure I'd want to travel with you...I might not survive the trip!! ;)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn
Mightyduck, your visits to WDW are much more "interesting" than mine. If I were in your place, I would definitely have an approach/avoidance attitude towards the place! You seem like a lovely person, but I'm not sure I'd want to travel with you...I might not survive the trip!! ;)

Marcia, to be blunt, we think there's a curse on the family name....you have no idea....both my parents were diagnosed with cancer before the age of 50, this spring my brother was hit by a car in a parking lot (the woman wanted the spot), and it's just an all around party here...it's a wonder any of us survive any trips we take....

One year in Disney every time I went to the pool or spa, a dark cloud came over. My family could have been in there for 10 minutes or an hour in the sun before I arrived. So I decided to join them at night, figuring a little cloud cover wouldn't hurt anyone's fun...it started pouring... :eek:

The Mom

Premium Member
You do realize Florida is the lightning strike capitol of the world? If I were you, I would take cover as soon as I heard thunder!! Or not go outside here at all! ;)

mightyduck

Original Poster
Originally posted by marciahahn
You do realize Florida is the lightning strike capitol of the world? If I were you, I would take cover as soon as I heard thunder!! Or not go outside here at all! ;)

I tempt the fates, what can I say? ;) When I was there during the thunderstorms the weekend after July 4, I didn't let it keep me from doing what I needed to do...

We lost a beachgoer here a few days before I left for Disney...got struck by lightning playing catch on the beach...Storm was 2 miles offshore, no thunder...

DisJosh

It was early morning at EPCOT and we were going to get in line for Space ship Earth. The que(spelling?) area for the SSE line is a winding maze of those bars. There were only maby 20 other ppl walking up and down up and down the bars to get to the entrance........I thought I would be cool and jump over the bars after a couple successful one I tripped and landed on my back with one leg kinda hanging from the rail......ouch! I still ddo the same thing everytime though :D Guess I didnt learn my lesson but it has yet to happen again.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by mightyduck

...Storm was 2 miles offshore, no thunder...

The proverbial bolt out of the blue! You might want to be careful at home, too! ;) And never carry an umbrella! Or a golf club!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom