Funniest boarding or exiting stories

JACKNAG

Original Poster
This is an all out call for your funniest Boarding or exiting of ride stories that you have witnessed?

Once while on Test Track I saw two people frantically try to buckle up, while approaching the last CM ride check before the actual ride starts. I thought they were going to have a panic attack still scrambling to find the seat belt.

lt-hambone

Here's One!

A long time ago while visiting the MK on a high school trip, myself and three of my friends decided to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Two of my friends were in the car in front of us, and they started goofing off – trying to throw stuff at us and such. When they got off the ride, WDW security was there to meet them, and had a nice little talk about their actions. After security left, we continued on our way.

We decided to ride Small World next. After we boarded our boat, the CM doing the load leaned over and said to my two friends, "We know what you did on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. We’ll be keeping an eye on you." It freaked us out a little bit, but we shrugged it off.

Next up was the Haunted Mansion, and the same thing happened! After my two friends boarded their Doom Buggie, the CM leaned over and said, "We know what you did on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. We’ll be keeping an eye on you."

It didn’t matter which ride they went on, or if they were separated. They would be told the same thing by the CM doing the load every time they boarded a ride! While I, and the other guy, found it quite humorous, It drove them nuts the whole day! They eventually left the park early, just to get some peace and quiet!

I’m sure there are going to some great ones from the Jungle Cruise!

:D

Kenan

Originally posted by JACKNAG
This is an all out call for your funniest Boarding or exiting of ride stories that you have witnessed?

Once while on Test Track I saw two people frantically try to buckle up, while approaching the last CM ride check before the actual ride starts. I thought they were going to have a panic attack still scrambling to find the seat belt.

You dont know how many times that happens. I think there should be a sign and spiel (not like they will read it or listen to it) saying please reamin seated and there will be a seatbelt check ahead. CM's spieling it do make a difference, but not that much. There are still people having them panic attacks.

As for my own experiences..my first time boarding Spaceship Earth I lost my balance and almost fell. If I fell, they may have had to stop it..oopps...hehe

justinsul1

i know what ur talking about at TT. i had trouble putting on my seat belt and the ride started. i was freaking out. the lady next to me, who was a stranger, was more worried than me and starting screaming Jesus Christ, this kid doesn't have a seatbelt! But, I was relieved when we hit the seatbelt check. There definetely need to tell the guests that ur seatbelt will be checked ahead. There should be a loud announcement and written in big letters on the screen SEATBELT CHECK AHEAD or when loading the CM should say personally to each guest seatbelt check ahead. Or, just to make life easier, why a seperate seatbelt check in the first place?

anyway, the question was funniest boarding and when going on Startours the CM was this young kid and started spiel and then stopped in middle and said, "i forgot what else to say!" i didn't mind as I'm sure it was nothing that isn't obvious. but, another lady said that she's going to report him b/c it was unprofesional and unsafe. the kid heard and practically starting crying. the poor kid.

jenjie

Originally posted by justinsul1

anyway, the question was funniest boarding and when going on Startours the CM was this young kid and started spiel and then stopped in middle and said, "i forgot what else to say!" i didn't mind as I'm sure it was nothing that isn't obvious. but, another lady said that she's going to report him b/c it was unprofesional and unsafe. the kid heard and practically starting crying. the poor kid.

That's just a shame. I hope he didn't get reported, it's an innocent mistake. Sounds like something I would do.

Scooter

While climbing into my Limo on Rock N RollerCoaster my arm slipped and while trying to catch myself I accidently pushed the shoulder harness half way down in the next car. :(

The guy next to me had to crawl under it to get into the seat.

I felt really bad and apologized about 5 times.

He just gave me dirty looks.

I was embarrased.:lookaroun

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I know this may not count, so I apologize in advance.

I think the funniest exiting place is at Primevil Whirl. A million times over and over a high pitched annoying voice says "Please stand up before exiting. BYE BYE!"

AS IF WE'RE GOING TO EXIT WITHOUT STANDING UP?? :hammer: :confused: :lol:

My family says that to each other when we get out of cars together in that annoying voice. We still laugh about it.

mandib

My favorite are on rides such as buzz,haunted mansion, peter pan and such that they say please do not pull down on your lap bar it will be coming down shortly and people just freak out that it's not coming down! lol Also TT I've seen that many times and some times I just want to tell people that they have a checkpoint up a head but it's more fun watching people's faces! lol

Mission: SPACE

I did the same thing at Test Track... I think the people in the loading area actually used to check it and they changed that so they can get more cars through loading and into the ride... I was actually just sitting down and the car started moving... I freaked out!!!

This is kinda off topic, but the bell hops at Tower of Terror are great too... they really set the mood for first time riders... especially the little riders... I love to be on it with a little one and the guy will say, "If you have any questions or concerns... IT'S TOO LATE!!!" and sometimes it makes them come close to wetting their pants!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I know, It's not funny!!!:lookaroun

Parkeit

Most recently I was in line for Primeval Whirl with one of my friends and we were talking and all of the sudden the girl loading the ride was like "Oh my god thats the cutest shirt ever!" Refering to my "Harry Otter and the Alaskan Scallop Suprise" shirt, with a cute picture of an otter on it. So we talked about Harry Potter for a second, and then we boarded the ride. My friend and I decided to ride again thirty minutes later, well we get up to the loading platform and a cast member I had never seen before was like, "Wow, its you with the shirt!" It was so weird, everyone knew about my shirt. Then when I was getting off the ride the cast member unloading everyone was like, "Oh your back". It was sooooo weird.

AddyL

Last year, I was at Disney World over spring break with a friend of mine. We rode on Tower of Terror, and as we were getting off, one of the CMs came up to us and said "Did you enjoy your stay?" We just sort of giggled and nodded. He went on "Would you like to come back and visit us again?" I was like, "yeah, sure!" but my friend was starting to get nervous, because I have to say this guy was doing the "creepy belhop" bit quite well. So then he goes "why don't you come back and visit us right now?" and he opens up a door to a backstage area. At this point, my friend has grabbed my arm and is trying to physically drag me away from this guy, but I'm like, he has a name tag, he's obviously a CM! So I follow him, and my friend is too freaked out to do anything but come with me. He showed us back to the loading platform, and we got to ride again, no waiting!

I still have no idea why they did that. I mean, if they needed a party of 2 to fill the seats, couldn't they have found one in the line? But it was hillarious how freaked out my friend was! She said later that she was afraid he was going to cut us up and stuff us in his prop suitcase! :lol:

Parkeit

Oh I just remebered another one, on my last trip to Space Mountain I got in to my seat and tried to pull down on the lap bar, but it wouldn't budge. The girl behind me was having trouble as well, the cast member, looking slightly concerned, started pushing and pulling on things. The girl sitting behind me got hers to work but mine was still stuck up. The cm told me to wait until we moved and it would probably work, I wasn't to concerned until we moved up to the end of the loading dock and it was stuck worse than ever. A new cm came up and was like here I'll get it, he started pulling down and nothing was happening. I was beginning to get a tad concerned, the cm then slams his fist down on the lap bar and it finally moved. I spent the whole ride wondering if the stupid bar would ever let me out of the car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom