Fun with characters

Dippy Dawg

Original Poster
Well here I go again. We always like to get new ideas of fun things to do with the characters or gifts to bring them during our trips. For example we have brought Pooh a jar of honey and had a good time with his response. We have asked Donald "Where can we find Mickey, he is our favorite?", We have called Captn Hook a cod fish and been chased for it. So now that we are planning our next trip I thought I would ask again for any ideas???:shrug:

Fun2BFree

My brother, 5 years old at the time, made a habit of squeezing every character's nose. I wouldn't suggest this though, as they seemed fairly annoyed. :lol:

Chape19714

Remind the Queen she's not the Fairest on of All
Make loud tick-tock sounds around Captian Hook
Ask Mr. Smee to go and buy you popcorn (I actually saw him go wait in that line).
The Main Street Performers are really fun, no matter what.

pacochran

My son booed Darth Vader during the DHS parade, and he came right over and stood over him it was really funny.

Also if you (if your a girl) where a princess hat to see the Queen you get a great response, at least my daughter did a couple years ago.

PeoplemoverTTA

As we were leaving MK, we walked past Prince John from Robin Hood, I yelled out, "Long live Robin Hood!" as we walked by, thinking myself amusing....next thing I know I feel a tap on the shoulder. He followed me just to about the railroad to show me what he thought of me :ROFLOL:I hope I didn't ruin someone else's interaction - I didn't know he'd come follow me! That made my day :). I don't know if he's out very much anymore. It's a shame.

During Spectro if Mary Poppins passes me I tell her to have a "Jolly Holiday!" She always smiles and says something like "And a jolly holiday to you too my dear!"

If it's during the holidays, I'll tell any of the guy characters that they look handsome in their holiday garb. That usually gets a bashful response (too cute).

My mom always seems to have lengthy discussions with Cruella. She always tells her to leave the puppies alone, and Cruella gets really into character.

Can't seem to think of any more right now....I'm interested to see what else everyone can come up with :)

Chape19714

Ask the Mad Hatter about mustard. It is quite funny.
MUSTARD! Well Don't Let's be silly.

the Mad Hatter is really fun with the following topics:
Please Fix My Watch
Serpent
Tea

Also, my favorite meet and greet is with the Evil Stepsisters from Cinderella, and ask them how singing lessons are going. :lol:

hollywood<3

During my trip to DLP in the summer, I bought this Yoda backpack whish is basically a stuffed animal with a pocket and straps. I wear it everytime I go to the parks, the reactions I got from characters are great.

1. Belle told me that the Beast is a Star Wars fan.
2. Ron Stoppable was scared senseless by it and wouldn't go near me, hiding behind Kim Possible.
3. One of the pirates in the DDCT parade, told me my "child" looked a bit sick. etc.

I'd say wear something with either the character on it or a "rival" character. I wore a LOTR shirt a couple of years ago and was surprised at how much the Mad Hatter liked it. Also, character reactions to Spider-man shirts are priceless.

k.hunter30

I always ask Belle what book she's reading at the moment. The last time I asked her (in Cinderella's Castle) she looked at me with a blank face and said, "umm... I'm not reading any book at the moment," and quickly moved on. She should have studied her character a bit more!

A few years ago I was at a breakfast buffet in the GF and the "old hag" was there (witch from Snow White). I tried to give her an apple. She didn't like that too much...

drew81

It's fun to hear the characters response to funny questions. The Mad Hatter ideas/questions are good. The villains also seem to give a good response to certain questions. Jafar and Queen of Hearts are fun to interact with. If your wearing a certain shirt with the character on it, they usually will interact with you.

One time when I was at Animal Kingdom Baloo saw my Michael Jackson shirt and started doing the moonwalk. :lol:

PeoplemoverTTA

If your wearing a certain shirt with the character on it, they usually will interact with you.

I have a nice story about an interaction like this. After performing in Epcot during my high school band trip in 1996, we came back into the park after changing through the backstage entrance next to AA. I was wearing a Goofy t-shirt from the Disney Store that had all sorts of words to describe Goofy. He started pointing and acting out all the words on my shirt. It was so cute. Of course, at first I had no clue what he was doing, but finally he pointed at my shirt, and the lightbulb went off :ROFLOL:Since he was in his "colonial" outfit, he didn't have the green hat, but he did this funny gesture where he pretended to take off the colonial one.

So, since everyone promises to be kind (I was 15 and in a "gawky" stage :eek: - and remember, it was the 90s) here's the pic, after Goofy's "performance" was over:
goofy.jpg

happymom52003

Also, character reactions to Spider-man shirts are priceless.

Buzz Lightyear gave my son such a hard time because he was wearing a spiderman hat....it was hilarious! He took it off my sons head, pointed to it and shook his head. He pretended he was going to stomp on it. The he acted like he was not going to give it back to my son, and then when he did give it back he coverd my son's face with it. The he looked at me and shook his finger and shaked his head, like he was scolding me for buying my son a spiderman hat.
And this was on my son's first trip when he was four....and it was his very first time meeting a character...he did not know what to think about it!

WDWKat26

My brother, 5 years old at the time, made a habit of squeezing every character's nose. I wouldn't suggest this though, as they seemed fairly annoyed. :lol:

Yeah, that's not very fun. I know it looks cute, but it's really not the best idea.

Tell Horace Horsecollar that he's a way better match for Clarabelle, I know he'll really appreciate it :)

WDWKat26

Buzz Lightyear gave my son such a hard time because he was wearing a spiderman hat....it was hilarious! He took it off my sons head, pointed to it and shook his head. He pretended he was going to stomp on it. The he acted like he was not going to give it back to my son, and then when he did give it back he coverd my son's face with it. The he looked at me and shook his finger and shaked his head, like he was scolding me for buying my son a spiderman hat.
And this was on my son's first trip when he was four....and it was his very first time meeting a character...he did not know what to think about it!

Dude, Spiderman is awesome!

Chape19714

On Main Street ask Miss Sheila about her recent Ice Cream Social.

Timon loves to hear stories about....himself. And ask how Pumba is.

Ask Mary Poppins about her favorite Jolly Holiday.

lorenita

you guys have such an imagination!!
i mean...i have always thought about doing something like that, but i don´t know what to do, or i jut feel a bit shy(don´t know why)
i just come to them and have the photo and thats it...its sad

but grat ideas!!
i like the mad hatter ideas! :ROFLOL:

ldsprincess

well, when i was younger we stayed at the beach/ yacht club which was amazing! the character interaction was great. my little brother was in the adorable 4 year old stage and so he got tons of attention! at the character breakfasts in the morning at the hotel, chip and dale would always come over and play with him. at one point we had a beack ball and it was so cute to see them playing with my little borther, and then adding in the rest of our family! they gave us so much attention, i think we allforgot there were other people there!lol Also, as we waked over to Epcot from the resort, we met mickey and took some time to play a full on game of tag with my little brother! man, it pays to have cute little kids with you! lol

Tiggerfanatic

I wish I had known about the Mad Hatter. We saw him along with Alice for the 1st time @ MVMCP last month.

I did have a cute character interaction on our last trip, though. I was wearing my Birthday pin, and was getting my picture taken with Pooh, Tigger & Darby in Fantasyland. They all made a big fuss over the pin, and while I was getting a hug from Tigger, Pooh picked a flower off one of the bushes and gave it to me. I stuck it in my shirt pocket, and later when we saw the Princesses, I told them where I got it, and they were really sweet about it, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom