Fun Restaurant Question....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just wanted to start a discussion....

Where do you think is the best place to eat at MGM? It can be sit down, counter service or snack cart.

Just wondering because I haven't really eaten at MGM except once at the Prime time and then chicken fingers at a counter service.

mrtoad

We never eat much at MGM but on this trip we had decided to try The Hollywood Brown Derby as a treat as it is so expensive. It was so incredible we had re-work reservations further down on our trip to make a second go of it. It is expensive but I really suggest if someone can swing it, to try it out. Things I had that I really liked were the Tuna which is crusted with seseme seeds and then cooked how you like (I had it really rare) and it is served with wasabi mashed potatoes. :slurp: Also, I had a soup as an apetizer but it was only there the first time we went but it was amazing, it was brie cheese soup with oysters. Amazing! If you go, and it is there try it. :slurp: My wife had for desert the Happiest Celebration on Earth desert (which is different in all the restaurants) which was an orange chocolate mousse in a chocolate shell. My daughter who said she did not want desert ate half of my wifes, so when we went back and she said no desert we got her one anyway which she did indeed polish off.

I have to say the Brown Derby was one of my best meals ever on property and in the real world as well.

tigsmom

We rarely eat at MGM, but we did enjoy Mama Melrose, Pizza Planet was just eh, but we were in a hurry and hungry.

Magicmyway

My family and I cannot pass up Sci-Fi! The burgers, shakes, anything there is good, but the whole atmosphere is what gets me, it is just so different but incredible! I would recommend this place to anyone.

lunalovegoddess

Sci-Fi... Theming is great, menu is delicious, and the servers rollerskate to your "car". Of note, they used to make an excellent breaded catfish sandwich with remoulade sauce. I think the menu has changed slightly this year, but still, it offers classics like burgers and Reubens, and a few interesting dishes. I've ended up getting filled up from the meal and not being able to eat dessert. This is a shame, since they have incredible desserts. Overall, kids enjoy the fact that you sit in a classic car with a dashboard table.

Magicmyway

Quick Question: Has anyone ever got a snack from the dinosaur stand at MGM.. I don't know what it is called it's just the big dinosaur to me. Anyway all the books my mom has swear by it. so I was just curious. Thanks

islandbeachnut

Magicmyway said:
Quick Question: Has anyone ever got a snack from the dinosaur stand at MGM.. I don't know what it is called it's just the big dinosaur to me. Anyway all the books my mom has swear by it. so I was just curious. Thanks

I thought the dinosaur stand served ice cream or other 'like items. :slurp:

Maleficent98

:slurp: It's a toss up between Sci fi and Mama Melrose's. The atmosphere in Sci Fi is great with the 50's cars and cool B movie flicks. If your looking for great italian - Mama's is your best bet if your in MGM. Of course if your looking for good old fashioned home cooking there is 50's Prime Time Cafe!

JimboJones123

Magicmyway said:

Gertie -- one of the first animated characters ever. The film is on the WD treasures -- Disney Animation -- the one with the reluctant dragon on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom