Fun out on the water!

rocknroller81

Original Poster
So far, the only thing I've done at Disney on the water is the Sea Raycers. Once I get past the wake zone border, I blare fast rock music in my headphones and take off into the water. Last time I went, I crossed the bridge towards Contemporary (wasn't aware you could do that until now XD). When I was in Bay Lake, it was really cool because I got pretty close to Discovery Island (cool and creepy at the same time).

What I'd like for everyone reading is to tell a story of the most fun you had on the water at Disney and any recommendations for water activities.

DRC68

I went parasailing once (back around 15 years ago now). Took off from the Sammy Duval dock at Contemporary. Wow, that was awesome. I asked if I was allowed to take my camera up with me, they didn't say no...exactly. just told me if I dropped it, it was gone and they weren't buying me a new one :) In hindsight, I should've taken it up with me, great shots!

kelknight84

Just be careful on those sea raycers! I can't count how many times I had to throw the Ferry in full reverse, hold down the horn, close my eyes and hope for the best! That sucker doesn't stop on a dime and those people on the boats just don't pay attention.

But they can be fun if you use your common sense.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just be careful on those sea raycers! I can't count how many times I had to throw the Ferry in full reverse, hold down the horn, close my eyes and hope for the best! That sucker doesn't stop on a dime and those people on the boats just don't pay attention.

I do, but then again I've gone through several boating safety courses...

Honestly though, I wish the raycers weren't throttled so low...it sometimes makes it hard to avoid things, especially on the Sassalouga River.

The issue I run into though isn't the Ferries. They keep fairly regular behaviors, so are easy to predict and avoid (or trail behind and wake jump!). It's the people who rent the pontoon boats! Again, especially on the Sassalouga, they'll take up the middle of the waterway as if no one else is there!

I will say that the Water Safety people along that stretch of water are fantastic though.

durangojim

We did the parasailing almost 20 years ago and it was great. What we like to do more often is rent a pontoon boat and take some food out on the water for a picnic in bay lake.

rocknroller81

Original Poster

I've never had a problem with the ferries because, like you said common sense, I can see them coming very easily and stop and wave to everyone on board or throw it in reverse and traverse another stretch of water

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Yep, my DS for a while did Water Patrol Rescue. Sea Raycers filled his days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom