Fulton's Vs. Captain Jack's

BRER STITCH

An earlier post got me thinking about this.

I have been to Captain Jack's and am planning to hit Fulton's (FOR THE FIRST TIME!) on my next trip.

Was curious how these two seafood restaurants at Downtown Disney match up.

Which one do you prefer, and why?????

Thanx!

:)

feenie

DH loved the Alaskan king crab claws at Fulton's!
We had a great waiter and the food was very good.
It is pricey, but for us it was worth it!:animwink:

Upvote 0

mrsswat

fultons/capt. jack

:animwink: either way, you can't go wrong. The food is great at both places. It depends on the mood we're in - if we're looking for something laid back and casual, then it's the Captains. Looking for atmosphere a little more fancy, then it's Fultons. We particularly like getting a table at the Captains near the window.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Personally I am a Captian Jacks kind of person myself. We tried Fultons once 6 years ago, I don't see us going back. However we stop at CJ once every trip (that we make it to DTD).

I also love the fact that most of the time CJ is not a place to have to plan ahead to eat at.

Upvote 0

Enderikari

I'll have to be a naysayer here, ever after the re-hab on Capt'n Jacks (not visible to the public, but they added some different things in their kitchen), I've still no desire to eat there for various reasons. Fulton's is good, but expensive. Usually, when I find myself hungry at DTD I head to Wolfgang's for quick service, or HOB for some good ole fashion cajun.

Upvote 0

zoo19

We were just there a couple of days ago and tried both places and I have to say Fulton's was much much better. Yes it is more expensive but my husbands comment was you get what you pay for.

At Fultons we had the crab cakes as an appetizer and they were the best I have ever had, I could have made a meal out of a couple of them. I had the Australian lobster tails and my hubby had the Alaskan crab legs. The lobster was good and I liked them a lot but my husband didn't because they were grilled instead of steamed. The crab legs were great because they only serve you the meaty part of the crab and not the small end pieces so the portion was really quite large.

Capt'n Jacks was only ok in our opinion and not any better than what you could get at a Red Lobster. It may have been the night we went but we said we wouldn't go there again.

I hope this helps you and have a great time !!!

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone! :wave:

It's a very close vote between the two.

I guess that's why there are two restaurants serving similar menus at Downtown Disney -- they are equally popular! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom