Full Time Employment at Disney

Always_Disney

Original Poster
Does anyone know a way beyond the disney careers website, to try and become a full time employee at WDW? Always been a dream of mine to work for the WDW company.

DisneyJill

Make a visit to the Casting Building across from the Marketplace and apply in person. Go early-the line can be scary. :wave:

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
TheOneVader said:
I'd love to work for Dsiney as wells, except not in the parks. Something along the lines of management or an Imagineer.

Well you could always do the WDW College Program! There are multipule roles that are 'outside the parks.' For example, you could do what I want to do: Vacation Planning. I would love to assist others in planning their vacations and you get to sit in a nice AIR CONDITIONED room!

Also, you could do an Advanced Internship. However, some of the roles require you to complete the WDW CP first. But there are many roles that you could do without any prior Disney job experience.

I hope to do the WDW College Program either during the spring of my sophomore year or the winter of my Junior year. Anything, to escape Ohio winters!!

SpenceMan01

I would really love to do the CP and have actually attended a presentation. I won a WDW CP antenna topper (I knew all that useless knowledge about WDW would come in handy!). Only problem is that the CP would be useless for what I want to do, so I am looking into an internship with WDW Imagineering in Glendale, CA. Now I just gotta work on that resume...

nibblesandbits

I went to one of those too at my college. I would have done it, but my college doesn't offer it for credit. I won something too for all of that useless trivia I know! I got a Minnie Pez dispenser. lol!

se8472

The good thing about the CP is that is helps you to be able to get into almost anything. So many people who are management or an Imagineer started on the CP. I am sure there are more then most people expect.

se8472

Lynx04 said:
Is it true that Imagineering is difficult to get into?

It becomes easy when you have worked with the company before.

Remember, the company does a lot of hiring from within.

imagineersrock

se8472 said:
It becomes easy when you have worked with the company before.

Remember, the company does a lot of hiring from within.

From what I understand, it is extremely difficult regardless... but just slightly easier from within the company.

crazygirley

But what are some full-time jobs that one could apply for without any "inside connections"? Like me for instance... having never worked for Disney... what are full-time jobs for me to apply for?

(Just for dreaming sake!)

Invero

Always_Disney said:
Does anyone know a way beyond the disney careers website, to try and become a full time employee at WDW? Always been a dream of mine to work for the WDW company.
Casting Hotline: 407-828-1000

Main Street USA

For future reference (this is if we all want the truth), the words "easy" and "imagineering" should never again be used in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence.

If anyone is planning on "easily" getting a job or career involving that part of the Disney Company, you're doing nothing but setting yourself up to be let down and depressed.

However, if anyone here truly wants to have a shot at becoming part of Imagineering, start using words and phrases like "EXTREMELY difficult," and "almost impossible." Notice, though, that I said "almost." If you're willing to work harder than you've ever worked in your life, and you have the talent, then go for it. I'd love to see your success.

Know that the people involved in Imagineering are the most talented artists, architects, and creative geniuses in the WORLD. They are recruited from many other companies as well as from within the company itself. However, saying that you have a "better" chance by working in the CP and in the parks first doesn't really apply to a position of this caliber.

I don't mean to be negative, but I do mean to tell it like it is. I don't believe in shoving roses up people's butts. Especially when it comes to things that are clearly important in a person's life.

Jseven

Whatever you do, DO NOT DO THE COLLEGE PROGRAM! Ive only heard bad stories about it. Even better than going to the casting center is calling the jobline and listening to the list of positions they are hiring for. Thats what i have done. The DIsney jobline is 407 828 1000. Good luck!!! :)

mraw

Any and Everything is Possible :)

For anyone who is interested in Imagineering, there's a website http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/imaginations/ where you can go and enter an annual competition. It seems as if you may be too late for this year (unless you have a model in the basement that you've been saving for an opportunity like this). The only hitch about this competition is that you are signing the rights to your creation over to Disney. Some students are rewarded with internships at WDI in Florida and California! I know some people who participated in the event, and even kids who didn't win the top prize were awarded internships. I want to say nothing but positive things to anyone who is dreaming of working for WDI. After all, is there any dream that came true in your life that came easy? "Wishes, dream a dream- Wishes! Set 'em Freeeeeeee!" Good luck to all who are considering Disney as a future endeavor! :wave:

bryon1

For those of you who are trying for the intership at WDI....they havent had the compition in years....I know of a guy who submited and got the intership and WDI kept putting off the program, he still has not had the intership and its been almost 10 years.

If you really want to work for WDI then I stongly suggest you get a portfolio together. Most creative jobs will require an "artist" type of portfolio, with layout drawings, figure drawings.

There are small divisions of WDI both at WDW and DL however, these are mainly connections to the theme parks for overlays, SQS (show quality services) ect...and usually when new attractions or rehab work happens WDI is there on property.

Yes WDI is based in Glendale, CA like said in other posts it would be better to listen to the job postings and apply for speciffic jobs, then to just submit.

Also not to put the rain cloud out, remember after Mnt. Everest...whats on the board? (not much in my opinion) theres alot of building going on NOW not 6 mths or a year from now. Yeah the rehab of the Conteporary but, theres tons of rumors at DL that after the 50th 1/3 of TDA will be laid off because theres nothing else really behind it. Other than a possible DCA 5 year anniv. celebration and subs??? thats it at DL.

The only other internships I know about is at the studio (if they are still doing it) is if you are represented (with an agent)they have a script writers intership.

Good luck in everyones future.

mraw

ImagiNations

The most recent ImagiNations competition took place in January of 2004, and out of maybe 40 interns that WDI brought in for the year of 2004 (40 includes the ones in Florida and California), half of them were finalists in the ImagiNations program. If they dropped the ball on it a few years ago, they must have picked it up recently. WDI has many disciplines, such as business administration, finance, contracts, show writing, civil engineering, master planning, even real estate. There are over 140 different divisions (and to this day, I can never think of more than 30 or so). This year's ImagiNations program is on the 31st of this month. Go and take a look at the requirements for the Competition. It's at least worth a look...

se8472

Main Street USA said:
For future reference (this is if we all want the truth), the words "easy" and "imagineering" should never again be used in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence.

Maybe in your world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom