Ft. Wilderness

Disney Family 5

Original Poster
We will be heading down to WDW on Friday and we will be staying in our RV. We have done this several times before. In the past we would check in early that morning, park our RV up front in the parking area and then head to the park. We would come back around midday, set up camp and then go back to the park. I was wondering how early we can actually get into that parking area? Could we come in after hours (11:00pm or so)? Trying to figure out places to park the RV Friday night since our check in is on Saturday.

John park hopper

I am sure they do. Our only knowledge of the Orlando area is WDW and we know it is safe there. Just didn't want to end up in an unsavory part of town. Will have to look for a Walmart close by.
i think there is a Walmart not far from international drive where all the off site hotels are. Was at WDW in May and remember going to it as I am from SC may be someone from Orlando can post some specific directions and info on area

Pixieish

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure policy would prevent you from staying in your RV while parked at the resort. Like @John park hopper said...I'm hopeful that someone local can point you to someplace safe to park.

pixiesteno

See if you can get an one-night rental at Lake Magic RV Park. It is on 192 right near the intersection of 27. We stayed there a couple of years ago when we had a split stay at the Fort. It is a very nice place and we paid just over half what you would pay a night at the fort. It is 863-420-1300. The address says Clermont , but it was less than 7 miles to WDW. Bonus, there is a really great Target between Lake Magic and WDW where you can grab groceries and stuff before you check in.

21stamps

If you’re just going to sleep, then maybe a rest stop near Orlando?

All of the Turnpike Service Plazas are extremely safe.. I just pulled over and took a two hour nap at one this past Sunday night.

Btw, I’m wildly jealous of your RV and Ft Wilderness! Sounds like it will be a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom