Ft. Wilderness?

MickeyLuv'r

Has anyone stayed at a Ft. Wilderness cabin? What did you think? How was the transportation as compared to other resorts? We will have a group of 4 (maybe 6) adults and two kids on our next trip. Otherwise, we are considering two rooms at a moderate.

PurpleDragon

I stayed in the cabin a number of years ago with my family. This was before the bus system so I can't help you with the transportation question. But it was nice, the bed room has a double bed and a bunk bed, and in the living room there is a murphy bed. Its small but well worth the money. They remodeled them not too long ago and built some new larger ones too, not sure what the larger ones look like.

You should definately try and reserve a golf cart if you are not into walking, the Ft. Wilderness grounds are fairly large. But be warned there is sometimes a long waiting list for golfcart reservations.

Upvote 0

longfamily

We have never stayed there but we have been there and have talked with people who were there at the time. If I remember correctly, you either get golf cart to use with the room or you can rent one. That solves the problem of getting around Fort Wilderness. After that the busses that bring you to the parksgo to the FW Lodge. It should be easy from that point.

Upvote 0
The busses come by every 15 minutes or so. You can rent a golf cart for like $40 a day.
The cabins are great. They have a queen sized bed, with two bunkbeds in the main bedroom. The kitchen is great. In the living room is a murphy bed, that is about a queen size also.

We stayed at the cabin when we run the Disney Marathon in 2002.

I love Ft. Wilderness.

Upvote 0

rick3236

We stay at the Cabins once a year when we do our whole family trip. The cabins are very comfortable. There is a large bed and bunk beds in the main room and a murphy bed in the living room. All the cabins come with a fully equipped kitchen, including all dishes toaster and coffee maker, and have a grill right outside the door. You also get daily maid service. We usually have breakfast in the cabins, well outside on the porch actually, where there is a large picnic table.

We usually buy groceries before we go, but if you need groceries there are two store on property, Meadow Trading Post and Settlement Trading Post. They are a bit expensive, though.

Transportation is not hard to figure out. From your cabin you are walking distance to an internal bus stop. There you will board a bus to either settlement or outpost. From Settlement (Pioneer Hall, Trail's End Restaurant :slurp: ), you can take a boat to MK, or a bus to TTC, MGM, and AK (not sure about AK). Outpost, which is the front desk, you board buses to Epcot and Downtown Disney. In the evening your bus brings you back to either Settlement or Outpost and you switch over to an internal bus going to your loop.

Your other transportation option is to rent a golf cart. You rent your golf cart from the Bike Barn near the Meadow trading post. You can park your cart in the front of your cabin at night and can take it to either one of the bus stops, where you must board a bus or boat to the parks. They do sell out quickly, so reserve one ahead of time or get their right when they open.

Probably gave you more info than you need, but if you have any more specific questions PM me.

Have fun - and try to get to the Hoop Dee Doo if you can.

Upvote 0

disgolfer

We love the cabins! In fact, we are staying in one starting next week. The major thing with staying at FW is knowing how the transportation works. You must have a golf cart because it makes managing transportation easier. There are several tricks to getting around FW and WDW from the resort. I suggest asking some of the people there that you meet for different tips about getting around. A major hint: When you are planning to go to a particular place, the most direct route may not be the fastest.

Hope you have fun! :) :)

Upvote 0

Atta83

We stayed there summer 2002 we loved it. Even though there was only a queen size bed my dad slept on that. Me and my mom slept on the bunk bed while my brother was on teh murphy bed. We like it cause we were able to make meals and such when were not in a rush, it was nice. We didnt mind the walking to the bus stop and taking hte bus to the boats to go to the MK and such. Real good all you can eat buffet there.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Stayed there last summer, it was excellent. As has been said the cabins were well equipped clean and bigger than any hotel suite Ive had. The girls had the bedroom and we shared the Murphy bed. The buses were no where near as difficult to figure than is made out though we did use the car for getting to crossroads and the other theme parks.

I got more frustrated with the boats getting to and from the MK.

We hope to be staying next summer as my father in law is coming with us and it will give him freedom to stay away from the parks and not be bored.

The pools are simple but it was fun to get back at night and go for a dook. I have to say I found that the people at this resort were the friendliest I have come acr

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

I stayed there before they were remodeled and loved it. One thing that I especially liked that I would think are still there is the grill and picnic table outside every cabin. Making your own burgers and hot dogs saves a ton of money !

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

We used to stay in the cabins all the time when we went as a family up until about two years ago. They are great. Roomy and comfortable. Plenty of room for 4 and ok with 6.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom