Frozen Souvenirs @ WDW...are they plentiful?

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
To answer the original question... probably not.

Let's go back to TANGLED - it took a good YEAR or more for WDW to offer ornaments, toys - and they are STILL very slim on these. Someone in Merchandise Marketing needs a new job - WDW is loosing a BUNDLE by reacting too slowly :(. Given the Major hit that Frozen has become? The parks SHOULD be crawling with merchandise. Sandy and I will find out in six days, on our April trip :).

Sounds like we'll be crossing paths vacation buddy!

Matt_Black

To answer the original question... probably not.

Let's go back to TANGLED - it took a good YEAR or more for WDW to offer ornaments, toys - and they are STILL very slim on these. Someone in Merchandise Marketing needs a new job - WDW is loosing a BUNDLE by reacting too slowly :(. Given the Major hit that Frozen has become? The parks SHOULD be crawling with merchandise. Sandy and I will find out in six days, on our April trip :).

Merchandising is a complicated thing. We'd like to think that Disney has huge manufacturing divisions, but that they don't. They contract and license out to other companies. As far as the latter, Disney's licensing fees are infamously expensive and strict.

Matt_Black

they may have to sift through some of that treasure planet & black cauldron stuff first.

Hey, I like those movies! Black Cauldron, I can understand the hate for, though I don't necessarily agree, as there are many problems with the film. Treasure Planet, though? That movie is friggin' awesome. If there was any Disney movie that should be redone and re-released in 3-D, that's the one.

mf1972

Hey, I like those movies! Black Cauldron, I can understand the hate for, though I don't necessarily agree, as there are many problems with the film. Treasure Planet, though? That movie is friggin' awesome. If there was any Disney movie that should be redone and re-released in 3-D, that's the one.
I liked panet also. if I remember correctly, both movies didn't do well. should've said it's to the right of the Lone Ranger landfill.

Matt_Black

I liked panet also. if I remember correctly, both movies didn't do well. should've said it's to the right of the Lone Ranger landfill.

TP didn't do well in theaters, but it did well on home video. And it's risen to be considered one of Disney Animation's "cult classics". Part of the problem I think was the marketing (or lack thereof), and part of it could be attributed to the fact that it was Disney's second animated release of 2002.

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Update - We just got back from our trip today and there are NO PLUSH OLAFS anywhere!!! The only Frozen merchandise that was available was a couple of t-shirt options, some storybooks, cd's, dvd's and rice krispie treats with their pictures on it. Sigh! Oh....and balloons! :cry:

DizneyPryncess

Update - We just got back from our trip today and there are NO PLUSH OLAFS anywhere!!! The only Frozen merchandise that was available was a couple of t-shirt options, some storybooks, cd's, dvd's and rice krispie treats with their pictures on it. Sigh! Oh....and balloons! :cry:

We left today also, and just wanted to say ditto. The only thing we saw in addition to what you mentioned is about a dozen Anna collectors dolls in Sir Mickeys at 9:15 am one morning. The Cm said she was shocked any were left. Same store a few days later had both dresses in size 2/3 only. We didn't buy anything, DD loves Elsa so we were hoping for a doll. We found an Elsa penny press lol. She was excited about it. Disneystore.com restocked yesterday, we were able to nab an Elsa doll there. Maybe there is still some new things there for whoever is looking!

mf1972

that's it in a nutshell. or if you're willing to wait in line for 5 hours tome ether at MK.

AndyS2992

That's disappointing to hear :( Just keep checking Disneystore.com and they'll come back in eventually.

mattdenine

We were able to get DD an original drawing of Olaf from Sir Mickey's the only thing else around were two books.

Luckily we were able to find the fall apart talking Olaf at a Toys R Us before returning to Canada. The staff member told me that do the demand they have been limiting people to 1 Frozen item when the trucks first arrive. I guess before they started the limit they would have people come in and just buy the entire shipment before anyone else could get anything.

Magenta Panther

... Really? First the Muppets, now taking pot shots at Marvel? What did Spider-Man ever do to you?

Spiderman has never done anything TO me - or FOR me. He, The Incredible Hulk, and the rest of those stupid adolescent-male-power-fantasy characters don't fit in with the Disney aesthetic. I just about hurled when I saw Spiderman garbage being offered for sale at WDW, last time I visited. And quit trying to pick a fight with me, okay? I'm sorry I don't just bend over at everything Iger does. You wanna be his cheerleader, have at it.

Matt_Black

. He, The Incredible Hulk, and the rest of those stupid adolescent-male-power-fantasy characters don't fit in with the Disney aesthetic.

None of them? I don't know about that.

lockjaw-and-the-pet-avengers.jpg

And quit trying to pick a fight with me, okay?

Then quit randomly venting about things you hate. You want to kvetch about how much you hate the Muppets, Marvel, or Star Wars? Go start a separate thread.

Magenta Panther

None of them? I don't know about that.

lockjaw-and-the-pet-avengers.jpg

Then quit randomly venting about things you hate. You want to kvetch about how much you hate the Muppets, Marvel, or Star Wars? Go start a separate thread.

I'll post my opinion wherever I want to. You got a problem with that? Then use the "ignore" feature. Ta!

Matt_Black

Dude, you need a new hobby or something. Or perhaps therapy. But go ahead and post if you like. Makes no difference to me; I actually (gasp) don't care what you think. And heck, it's not MY bandwidth you're wasting.

You say you don't care, but you keep responding. Anyway, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, you'll let into your heart Kermit, Captain America, Luke Skywalker, Wall-E, and the rest, and you'll be one of us, and I'll smile and accept you into the fold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom