Frozen Sing-A-Long Update?

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Were there plans to update this show to incorporate the songs from the Sequel? I feel that this was a miss opportunity considering the sequel has been out for sometime...And considering that the Festival of Fantasy and The M&G incorporate them from their versions from the sequel..You'd think that would made sense to add the other songs....

Last edited:

Purduevian

Personally I doubt it. Disney doesn't want to spend money they don't have to and the Frozen show still sings the most iconic songs from the franchise. They didn't update BatB to feature Evermore when the live action came out.

tcool123

I would say just update the final musical number, we don't need two performances of Let It Go in a show; it's a bit boring. Would be neat if they had seasonal variants for the final number. Could look something like this:

January to July/Early August: Into the Unknown or Show Yourself
Mid August/September to October: Some Things Never Change
November to December: Olaf's Frozen Adventure Medley, just like how it is right now

Makes the show varied, while working in the newer films and specials in easy and logical ways.

tcool123

I don't, but more so the fact that Disney isn't updating old shows with new music. current mentality is if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
The Frozen show is the worst show to make that argument for as it has been updated twice in its lifetime at Studios 😅

Original:

Modern Version:

Holiday Version:

In anything it's more surprising they haven't updated the show yet as it could have been an easy "New" thing for the 50th anniversary

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Now this may be just my personal opinion but maybe it's because compared to the first movie the second movies songs were not very good at all.
Exactly. “Into the Unknown” is the ONLY song I hear Little kids singing. And I work with children for a living.

Im still hearing Let it Go, Love is an Open Door, In Summer, First Time in Forever, and Do You Want to Build a Snowman everywhere I go.

All of the songs in Frozen 2 are so blah and generic I dont know hardly any little kids who know it like the original. I was just substituting a class of Kindergarteners the other day, they were learning about Fall, so I popped in Frozen 2. Those kids paid no attention to the movie, then they watched Into the Unknown, and then back to doing their own thing again.

I can pop in the first film no matter HOW many times, and both girls AND boys will have their eyes glued the whole time.

But noooooo. “Bad take” I guess.

Ok. My worthless childish rant is over. We may move on.

mergatroid

Exactly. “Into the Unknown” is the ONLY song I hear Little kids singing. And I work with children for a living.

Im still hearing Let it Go, Love is an Open Door, In Summer, First Time in Forever, and Do You Want to Build a Snowman everywhere I go.

All of the songs in Frozen 2 are so blah and generic I dont know hardly any little kids who know it like the original. I was just substituting a class of Kindergarteners the other day, they were learning about Fall, so I popped in Frozen 2. Those kids paid no attention to the movie, then they watched Into the Unknown, and then back to doing their own thing again.

I can pop in the first film no matter HOW many times, and both girls AND boys will have their eyes glued the whole time.

But noooooo. “Bad take” I guess.

Ok. My worthless childish rant is over. We may move on.
I agree. I don't think there's any songs in Frozen 2 superior than the original. Obviously I'm not going to argue about personal choice, there'll be somebody who thinks differently to that. However the original was a world sensation and the soundtrack was also a huge success. Frozen 2 was a pretty good film with ok music but not as popular as the first. I would hope that Frozen 2 never gets it's own show there as it will be inferior in my humble opinion.

Rambozo

This section of the park has always been pretty stale. Maybe it would be best to knock everything down and start over. Or give us more of broadway style show like they have over in DCA.

ToTBellHop

Encanto seems to fit this situation as Frozen was dethroned..
Olaf to sing “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” (and yes, he will perform EVERY role) CONFIRMED for Frozen Sing Along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom