Frozen Official Trailer #1 US

SpectroMan93

Original Poster
Doesn't give away too much, which I prefer, but it only shows the humorous parts of the movie, just like the Tangled trailers. Seems like Disney is sticking with what they know.

Matt_Black

This is actually the second trailer, but the first to give you any idea of what the movie's actually going to be like. The first one just had the snowman & the reindeer getting into hijinx.

Sped2424

Much better than the tangled trailer seems marketing is getting a little better, but we are still not there yet. Although I will say this movie does seem to be a lot funnier than I thought it would be!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Or are they only showing the funny bits? They didn't show any musical numbers and we know two numbers were done at D23. I can't image that they wouldn't have hired Johnathan Groff either if he wasn't singing at some point too.

Anyone else notice Anna's hair changes colors throughout the trailer. I wonder how that plays into the plot her hair is almost all white in one scene.

Matt_Black

The hand animators come in and add detail and feature to things like hair and fabric. They used that technique on both Tangled and the Paperman short.

Magenta Panther

Frankly, this trailer left me cold.

:D

But seriously, MEH. It looks like one of the CG Tinkerbell movies. IF I go to see this thing, it will only be because of the new Mickey Mouse short that's supposedly playing in front of it. I've heard good things about that.

Oh, it hurts to think how good a Disney "Snow Queen" movie could have been...now we'll never know... :(

bubbles1812

The trailer didnt do much for me either. I know I'm not necessarily the target for it, but at the same time, moms and dads have to be intrigued enough to bring their kids to this. It looked sort of like a Tangled retread right down to how everything was animated. It looked no different compared to Tangled, and boy/girl going on a quest of sorts was pretty Tangled-esque too. The humor wasnt really all that funny and really too "modern" considering it is a fairy tale.

Hopefully it will turn out like Tangled in that the marketing is poor, but not the film itself.

Can we go yet?

Funny how the Japanese trailer focuses mostly on Elsa, while this one is all about Anna. I'm still waiting to hear Elsa speak! The marketing really doesn't due the movie justice from what I've heard and read about it.

Matt_Black

Funny how the Japanese trailer focuses mostly on Elsa, while this one is all about Anna. I'm still waiting to hear Elsa speak! The marketing really doesn't due the movie justice from what I've heard and read about it.

Yeah, Disney's movie marketing has been poor as of late. Obviously, John Carter is a good example. And I will swear up and down that The Lone Ranger would've broken box office records had they used the William Tell Overture in the trailers from the get-go.

Bparso87

This looks like tangled. Tangled did not have good marketing and was put down for a flop. It did very well at the box office and I believe this will to.

Mickey_777

I see subtle differences with Tangled in terms of animation style. And since when is "looking like Tangled" a bad thing. I love the look of that movie.

erasure fan1

I'll agree with others that while the 2nd trailer is better, it still doesn't make me want to go out day one and see it. From what I have seen so far, nothing really jumps out as that wow factor.

jw24

It definitely told more of the story compared to the first trailer. But I do see the resemblance between the trailers of Frozen and Tangled in a way. I think I'll wait til the reviews come out from both the critics and online users first and then, make a decision from there.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom