Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

tl77

That sound very likely given the popularity of it, and a much better location than Norway in Epcot, no so sure about the fireworks though

Magenta Panther

Here's a fun rumor....

Apparently there talk of a Frozen stage show at DHS in the premiere theatre.

There's also a m&g proposed and frozen themed fireworks at the end of the night.

This would be starting very soon, if true.

Thoughts?

Well, DHS is a better fit than WS, that's for damned sure.

But anything Frozen ought to be in the Magic Kingdom. Still, I understand why TDO might want to put it in DHS, since that park really needs new attractions, and a few of the attractions it has are rather sparsely attended...I know where I'd put it.

tl77

Why not fireworks? You don't like them or you don't want them at the Studios?

oh no, I think fireworks are great especially at DHS, I just can't imagine them bringing back a permanent fireworks show with Fantasmic still going and the BAH in the middle of the old fireworks viewing area

wogwog

oh no, I think fireworks are great especially at DHS, I just can't imagine them bringing back a permanent fireworks show with Fantasmic still going and the BAH in the middle of the old fireworks viewing area
The fireworks during the Star Wars weekends were said to be great by friends who attended. So maybe Studios figured out a way to make it work. Hope so. Might keep some of the hoard away from MK at night as a bonus.

cw1982

Well, DHS is a better fit than WS, that's for damned sure.

But anything Frozen ought to be in the Magic Kingdom. Still, I understand why TDO might want to put it in DHS, since that park really needs new attractions, and a few of the attractions it has are rather sparsely attended...I know where I'd put it.

I too think Frozen would be a much better fit in the Magic Kingdom. I do see why TDO would want to go ahead and put something else in HS, and I also see where they may be thinking that having a Frozen m&g at another park would alleviate some of the demand for PFTH. I just wish that they would go with other movies/characters that would be a better fit thematically. Then again, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid don't really fit HS thematically either, and those are pretty popular shows. I think it'll be interesting to see how this pans out if it happens, and whether or not it relieves any of the demand for the m&g at MK.

wdwfan4ver

Frozen fits DHS well as a stage show based Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid have Stage shows in the park for years. I don't think DHS should be the home of a Frozen ride though because that would should be in the Magic Kingdom.

I have a hard time seeing frozen themed fireworks at the end of the night permanently with Fantasmic still running.

Next Big Thing

Sounds like a great idea, actually. Something that fits the movie perfectly (although DHS already has too many shows...)

Would they be lip syncing like in the Beauty and the Beast show? If live singing (I believe they do in VotLM), then they better cast some good singers/actors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom