Frontierland vs Liberty Square

Frontierland vs Liberty Square - Which would you like to see built out?

• Frontierland

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • Liberty Square

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Theoretically (Not that there's a snowball's chance in hell of either of these happening) - both could happen. But let's choose 1.

One one hand you have Frontierland with the land adjacent to BTMRR. With maybe a Geyser Mountain and/or Western River Expedition. A Signature, some shops, the mandated gift shop or four.

On the other Liberty Square. Utilizing Tom Sawyer Island (either by bridge or filling in some of Rivers of America). Possibly a HM Restaurant, a trackless Jack Skellington E-Ticket, A Villain dark ride - and maybe depending on the success of the SWHotel, an immersive HM boutique hotel you could get to via Floridian Way - and incorporating all of these elements.

Mickey5150

I want them to remove Pooh from Fantasyland and put a trackless version near Splash and Big Thunder. Next turn Country Bear into a dinner theater. Finally spruce up Tom Sawyer island and keep Aunt Pollys open year round.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Instead of expanding Liberty or Frontierland let's make a new land sandwiched between them; connected by covered bridge. A land that sees the return of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, a reworked TSI leisure play area themed to Rip Van Winkle and a Sleepy Hollow attraction.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Theoretically (Not that there's a snowball's chance in hell of either of these happening) - both could happen. But let's choose 1.

One one hand you have Frontierland with the land adjacent to BTMRR. With maybe a Geyser Mountain and/or Western River Expedition. A Signature, some shops, the mandated gift shop or four.

On the other Liberty Square. Utilizing Tom Sawyer Island (either by bridge or filling in some of Rivers of America). Possibly a HM Restaurant, a trackless Jack Skellington E-Ticket, A Villain dark ride - and maybe depending on the success of the SWHotel, an immersive HM boutique hotel you could get to via Floridian Way - and incorporating all of these elements.
Why Jack Skellington? Maybe Ichabod Crane.

Bartledvd

Just build vertically above both areas solves all issues 😂.

I would welcome a great steakhouse but first you need to make sure its not that junk usda beef that is only given cereal/grain as feed instead of high quality grass.

LUVofDIS

We dined at the Diamond Horseshoe on our trip in May. This was the first time since 94 and if I remember correctly we only had appetizers at that time. The meal we had in May was okay, but the waiter we had was amazing, fun and funny. He made the meal. I don't mean he actually made the meal, I mean he made it very enjoyable. Also, he brought us desserts that were not on the menu and they were delicious, much better than the ones they serve with the normal dinner. All-in-all it was a good experience.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Close in Tom Sayer Island and both can be expanded....they both need to be more in-line with what is expected in modern ‘lands’, and less linear...love both lands, but would want them to each be better...take out Tom Sawyer island...takes up too much prime real estate

KCheatle

I choose Frontierland, but only because I like the themeing a bit more and an expansion would build on that themeing. But, honestly, I would love an expansion of either, and I would love it even more if the attractions/rides/restaurants were themed to the area and not IP-themed.

Walt Disney1955

I picked Frontierland but in all honesty this generation of Disney would screw it up in some way. Frontierland and Liberty Square are frozen in time and there is a reason people like them that way, you can't modernize them. My guess is Disney would try if they expanded them. I just read the comments here and it is stuff like replacing Country Bears or changing Tom Sawyer Island. Those are parts of Frontierland that fit perfectly. Tom Sawyer Island also makes way for the Liberty Belle Riverboat. Imagine both of those gone from Frontierland and replaced with, oh I don't know, some attraction that has Taylor Swift as part of it.

I just don't know where you expand it in the MK. Is there room to do this, and if so, where?

ohioguy

Tom Sawyer island is so unique, I would hate to lose it. Wasn't this Walt's last attraction he had a hand in? And the Liberty Boat is a great ride after a nice lunch or dinner. Since there is no western-themed IP coming, and Disney is obsessed with IP right now, I think we can forget about expanding either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom