Frontierland Expansion Rumor

_Scar

Lordy, I hope so. This argument is really getting annoyingly long, dull, and unproductive. Couldn't you guys please take it private???

i think this thread is getting a bit off-track perhaps?

Every Fantasyland thread winds up like this- and this isn't even directly related.
:rolleyes:

Might as well try to change the subject.

Looks like they want an established name to move in Frontierland and Woody is the only thing that comes to mind.... :shrug:

RSoxNo1

Who Knows? But an insider came on this thread and said that something is being added into the mix of the FLE that will please almost everyone on these forums. Do you have any idea what that is?

I'm not sure who it was that referenced this "mystery project". However if it's the same one I've been told about, it is far from definite.

lebeau

I'm not sure who it was that referenced this "mystery project". However if it's the same one I've been told about, it is far from definite.

Raven brought it up. But she's added a lot of disclaimers.

It sounds like just about everything after ST2, LM and BatB is somewhat uncertain.

stitchcastle

while I'm glad that the 2 most important elements of the FLE are going to be intact, I really want them to move forward with the Duelling Dumbos. Other than that, good riddance Pixie Hollow.

as for Frontierland, bring on Geyser Mountain and Western River Expedition. It's about time Thunder Mesa came to MK

aladdin2007

while I'm glad that the 2 most important elements of the FLE are going to be intact, I really want them to move forward with the Duelling Dumbos. Other than that, good riddance Pixie Hollow.

as for Frontierland, bring on Geyser Mountain and Western River Expedition. It's about time Thunder Mesa came to MK

Here here!! Would love to see Western River Expedition. Iger's mentality of only doing attractions based on movie franchises is annoying and they need to move away from that. This would be an original and something that belonged to the Magic Kingdom since the beginning in concept anyway. But, I cant see something that grand happening with TDO in charge, unless Cali steps in.

wizards8507

Here here!! Would love to see Western River Expedition. Iger's mentality of only doing attractions based on movie franchises is annoying and they need to move away from that. This would be an original and something that belonged to the Magic Kingdom since the beginning in concept anyway. But, I cant see something that grand happening with TDO in charge, unless Cali steps in.

I'm amazed at the selective memory of the fanboys. Iger has been Disney's president since 2000, CEO since 2005. The two biggest attractions in that time frame? Expedition Everest and Mission: SPACE, neither of which is based on a movie franchise. Furthermore, Disney Media networks account for about THREE TIMES the amount of profits that "Parks and Resorts" generates, and Parks and Resorts includes all Disney Parks PLUS the cruise line. To suggest that Iger, the CEO, asserts direct influence on what attractions show up at the Magic Kingdom is to illustrate your own ignorance as to how the corporate structure works. CEO's don't get involved in the minutia of operations. Also, if you honestly think that the people responsible for Disney's California Adventure are the people to come 'save' Walt Disney World, then you are sorely mistaken.

Lee

Adventurer
To suggest that Iger, the CEO, asserts direct influence on what attractions show up at the Magic Kingdom is to illustrate your own ignorance as to how the corporate structure works. .
Well, not exactly...
No major attractin get's through the approval process without his aproval.
Also, Iger is a key player behind the decision to make MK more of the family friendly and Disney branded attraction park. The mandate has come down from Burbank to keep MK more mild and kid friendly and to put the more thrilling attractions into the other three parks at WDW.
Mind you, this is only for WDW. All the other properties, since they have fewer parks, do not have to operate under the same constraints.

aladdin2007

I'm amazed at the selective memory of the fanboys. Iger has been Disney's president since 2000, CEO since 2005. The two biggest attractions in that time frame? Expedition Everest and Mission: SPACE, neither of which is based on a movie franchise. Furthermore, Disney Media networks account for about THREE TIMES the amount of profits that "Parks and Resorts" generates, and Parks and Resorts includes all Disney Parks PLUS the cruise line. To suggest that Iger, the CEO, asserts direct influence on what attractions show up at the Magic Kingdom is to illustrate your own ignorance as to how the corporate structure works. CEO's don't get involved in the minutia of operations. Also, if you honestly think that the people responsible for Disney's California Adventure are the people to come 'save' Walt Disney World, then you are sorely mistaken.

1, iger had nothing to do with mission space, and yes hes not involved with attractions but he is highly interested in movie franchises and that aspect being involved in the parks to some extent. 2, enough of the fanboy label already, and 3, I wasnt starting a war just saying would be great to see western river something original instead of per say yet another toy story themed attraction.

aladdin2007

Well, not exactly...
Iger is a key player behind the decision to make MK more of the family friendly and Disney branded attraction park. The mandate has come down from Burbank to keep MK more mild and kid friendly and to put the more thrilling attractions into the other three parks at WDW.
Mind you, this is only for WDW. All the other properties, since they have fewer parks, do not have to operate under the same constraints.

I thought so, to a certain degree anyway.

wizards8507

I thought so, to a certain degree anyway.

After rereading my post, I think I came off a bit more abrasive than I had intended. I don't doubt that he has influence in the broad direction of the parks and that he gives approval on projects, but many (not necessarily you) seem to think that executives are solely responsible for creative decision making.

yoyoflamingo

Western River Expedition. It's about time Thunder Mesa came to MK

If they followed the original specs of a Pirates of the Caribbean style ride in the Old West, and did it with Pirate's level of detail it would be what people have been dreaming about for almost 40 years. IMO it would be the perfect addition, and the thing the MK needs to counterbalance Potter. Best case scenario, but I think the addition that would solve a lot of the criticisms FLE is getting, and something the entire family can enjoy together.

Lee

Adventurer
Neither WRE, nor any variation thereof, is coming to MK.
Please...let's just let poor old WRE rest in peace.:rolleyes:

jt04

Well, not exactly...
No major attractin get's through the approval process without his aproval.
Also, Iger is a key player behind the decision to make MK more of the family friendly and Disney branded attraction park. The mandate has come down from Burbank to keep MK more mild and kid friendly and to put the more thrilling attractions into the other three parks at WDW.

Exactly. A major capital investments hardly qualify as the minutia that wizard suggests. He seems to prefer giving his creative types all the freedom possible but ultimately he is going to make the decision. As it should be. Everyone is an armchair CEO these days.

As to your point about how the MK and WDW are evolving , I agree 100% with this strategy. WDW has the unique chance to create parks that are more specialized and it is an opportunity they should not waste IMO. The next 10 years should be fascinating if done right. But they have a lot of work to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom