Frontier -- Grrrr

kes601

Original Poster
Frontier put a damper on our Memorial Day Weekend plans. They changed a perfectly timed Friday night flight (6:40 p.m.) to a mid-afternoon Saturday flight. I get changing times, but changing days completely less than 3 months out is ridiculous. We ended up booking a Saturday evening Southwest flight (out of principle I didn't want the Frontier flight anymore) so we go from 3 full park days to 2 park days. Granted, the flight was cheaper and it's one less hotel night, but still.....

Wondering if I should have opted for the Allegiant late Friday night option instead. It would have come out to the same price as the original Frontier flight once I factored in transportation from Sanford to Disney. My issue with it was it didn't get in until midnight.

Sorry for the rant, but after two great round trip experiences with Frontier I am not sure I trust booking anything with them.

Frontier doesn't have enough flights from the airports around me. I once booked a flight from STL to MCO early on a Friday morning. After arriving at the airport before 5 a.m., Frontier finally cancelled the flight at around 11 a.m. Luckily, my daughter and I were able to book a Southwest flight in the early afternoon and we still made DAH (at about 6:30). That early Frontier flight was the only one going from STL to Orlando that day. Allegiant is the same situation. They have a very limited number of flights. If something goes wrong there is a very high likelihood that the flight will be cancelled and they won't have another flight that day.
I just don't take any chances with the bargain airlines anymore. I'm pretty much Southwest only as they have many flights to Orlando each day from our airport and after you factor in the extra charges on the bargain airlines, Southwest is usually very competitive anyway.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Frontier put a damper on our Memorial Day Weekend plans. They changed a perfectly timed Friday night flight (6:40 p.m.) to a mid-afternoon Saturday flight. I get changing times, but changing days completely less than 3 months out is ridiculous. We ended up booking a Saturday evening Southwest flight (out of principle I didn't want the Frontier flight anymore) so we go from 3 full park days to 2 park days. Granted, the flight was cheaper and it's one less hotel night, but still.....

Wondering if I should have opted for the Allegiant late Friday night option instead. It would have come out to the same price as the original Frontier flight once I factored in transportation from Sanford to Disney. My issue with it was it didn't get in until midnight.

Sorry for the rant, but after two great round trip experiences with Frontier I am not sure I trust booking anything with them.
Allegiant is just as trash as Frontier.

aliceismad

That’s really a shame. I used to fly on Allegiant a couple of times a year to Vegas but after a lengthy issue with a Silver Airways flight from Key West made me gunshy about booking smaller carriers/carriers that don’t have multiple flights a day to my destination. I hope SW treats you better.

kes601

Original Poster
Thanks all. We ended up just cancelling the May weekend trip altogether as we are going back in June for a couple of weeks.

We are flying down on Allegiant in a month and back on Southwest for a 3 day weekend. Will see how that goes.

We just flew Allegiant into and out of FLL and all in all it was ok. Only real issue was that the airports jetbridge at FLL wouldn't level so we had to wait 30 minutes to get off. They never did get it fixed properly, but got it fixed enough to put an extension between the plane and the jet bridge.

Club Cooloholic

I once had a bag lost by Spirit air. Trying to get it back was a joke. They told me when it didnt turn up at the carousel to call the office at the local airport. What they didn't tell me was that the local office only had hours 2 days a week from 4AM to 6AM. No lie, what kind of hours are those? I did eventually get in contact and they had my bag. It was shipped to me, and low and behold someone (probably at the office) and drawn on it in pen, the bag had been brand new). Been skeptical of them since but have tried it again when the deal is too good .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom