From the Secret's Forum

mwhitney

Original Poster
It was recommended that I post the following here. Hope no one is upset by it. I do admit that I may be jumping the gun in my conclusion. Text follows...

Last week went to Disneyland CA. Still love it the best and most. In my opinion Fantasmic especially, and nearly every other attraction found in CA absolutely trumps that of the Orlando park. Orlando doesn't even come close in terms of comparing like items. Especially Fantasmic. If you have seen it in CA, don't bother seeing it in FL- the FL version utterly lacks the magic of the CA version in nearly every respect- including the musical score.

BUT The SECRET: Went out to Tom Sawyer's Island. There were three executive-looking people out there. A lady listening to a CD player while a man was gesturing about the music to her... as if to explain a concept.. Another man taking measurments and pacing. He said, "Yes, this would be the center zone." Then he took out his palm pilot or blackberry and took some internet or wireless signal reception strength readings (an assumption) as he paced the area. I could contain my curiosity no longer and said, "Sir, I just have to know what you guys are doing here." He replied... "Now, that... I can't tell you." and smiled.

I love fantasmic at DL so much it is hard to imagine it departing. But I think I saw a secret unfolding.

MDW

BoyXE

You could have witnessed, rather than a fantasmic replacement, the much talked about addion to effects on the Fantasmic island that mirror the effects in the hub for the new fireworks. Apparently this would help ease the need to see it from the hub only...

Testtrack321

From what the rumors are stating, it might be a pre-Fantasmic version of Remember fireworks show. From what I hear, they are going to do some of the special effects and fireworks that you see on and around the castle but instead on Tom Sawyers so those waiting for Fantasmic won't miss a thing.

But if not, man, I still love gossip! :sohappy:

mkepcotmgmak

I made my first trip to the DLR last weekend, and LOVED IT! The attractions are totally different, but the park itself is not comparable to WDW, (imo.)

As far as Fantasmic. I LOVED IT! It was much better than WDW's version to me, minus the mountain. I love the mountain setting at WDW.... but the Kaa snake was excellent, and the Peter Pan scene kicked Pocahontas' out of the water!

mwhitney

Original Poster
No, couldn't hear

no, I couldn't hear what was playing. it almost killed me! I mean, I think Music is the essence of the Disney experience to begin with. You can't know how it took all the fortitutde and long-term consequence analysis I posessed to keep from leaping over the wooden barrel the player was resting on and stealing it from them. But, I was on an island- and I didn't want to get a felony at Disnelyland in front of my kids. That seemed somehow incongruous to me, so I bore it- but not with grace I admit.

LoisMustDie

mwhitney said:
Last week went to Disneyland CA. Still love it the best and most. In my opinion Fantasmic especially, and nearly every other attraction found in CA absolutely trumps that of the Orlando park. Orlando doesn't even come close in terms of comparing like items. Especially Fantasmic. If you have seen it in CA, don't bother seeing it in FL- the FL version utterly lacks the magic of the CA version in nearly every respect- including the musical score.
If this is your opinion...why are you recommending the avoidance of the WDW version? Don't you think that other people might have different opinions than you?

mwhitney said:
I love fantasmic at DL so much it is hard to imagine it departing. But I think I saw a secret unfolding.
Or a possible addition to the current Fantasmic. Don't jump the gun on this one...remember a few years ago someone thought that they saw preliminary construction on TSI for a "massive water-coaster"...when it was just a rehab. Now I'm not saying you didn't see what you saw...I'm just saying be open to more than one possibility.

Christina

LoisMustDie said:
If this is your opinion...why are you recommending the avoidance of the WDW version? Don't you think that other people might have different opinions than you?

Why must you always jump on people for giving their opinions?

As for the original post, I don't think they will be removing Fantasmic! anytime soon. It's one of the greatest things in the park and I totally agree with you - it is about 100 times better than WDW's version. Thanks for the info though, it'd be interesting to see if they add anything to it! :wave:

LoisMustDie

Christina said:
Why must you always jump on people for giving their opinions?
I don't always do this...only when someone thinks they know what's best for EVERYONE and says something like "stay away from the WDW Fantasmic it's crap," which prevents others from enjoying it for themselves. I don't know why you thought you had to bring up such a random topic.

KumbaRider

I know this is a dumb response, but I didn't realize DL had a different version. Considering I've never been I wouldn't have known anyway. I must agree though, I have heard DL is much better than MK.

KumbaRider

LoisMustDie said:
I don't always do this...only when someone thinks they know what's best for EVERYONE and says something like "stay away from the WDW Fantasmic it's crap," which prevents others from enjoying it for themselves. I don't know why you thought you had to bring up such a random topic.

I personally enjoy MGM's version. But once again, I've never seen DL's.

Pongo

KumbaRider said:
I know this is a dumb response, but I didn't realize DL had a different version. Considering I've never been I wouldn't have known anyway. I must agree though, I have heard DL is much better than MK.

Yep. Mostly because the stage and all is on Tom Sawyer Island. They also utilize the giant sailing ship that sails the Rivers of America.

Much different than WDW's.

shoppingnut

LoisMustDie said:

Less time waiting in line and more room in the WDW stadium for me!!!!!!!!!!

Pleeeeeeeze, as if this person's OPINION is the "be all" and "end all" for everyone. I've seen both and DL is better, but I love going to WDW's very, very much, it's a great show. I go everytime I visit the world, the fact that DL is better doesn't stop me one bit from going and enjoying WDW's show just as much. I really believe that sitting on the ground has something to do with the grandure of it all in DL that is taken away when you are seated in a stadium. This is just how it is. DL's was created from things they had on hand and WDW's was not.

mwhitney

Original Poster
Sorry

I really didn't think my opinion was to be taken so badly- and I regret it. The magic is everywhere- at both parks- and a lot of great people make it happen every day. I am very new here. Please forgive me for making anyone upset.

I'll be more careful- or even quiet next time.

Yours,
Matt

Matt,
Don't let their comments affect your voice. Unfortunately there's a lot of times on this board where you feel like you shouldn't voice your opinion but you have to push past that because your opinion does count. I was upset about all the Anti-Stitch comments on the board so I started a new thread about Stitch and it just got bombarded. But there were some fellow Stitch fans that joined the thread and we had a good discussion. There are others on here that share your opinion and there are people that are interested in what you have to say. And it does suck when the people that are uninterested can't just go on to the next thread.

I'm very interested in what's going on at DL with Fantasmic. I saw that show during the first year it played and it was also my first trip to a Disney Park so the DL Fantasmic is very special to me. I saw the WDW version in 2000 and it was completely different. Just didn't seem as magical to me. I then went back to DL in 2003 and saw Fantasmic 3 times and everytime was 100% pure Disney Magic.

But keep posting Matt and don't worry about the nay-sayers. Your allowed to have your opinion and are welcome to share it with the board without the fear of attacks.

-Jake (DGJ)

cherrynegra

Matt,

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with you posting your opinion as to which Fantasmic was better. It is simply that. Your opinion. Please do not feel as if you are not welcomed to express them. I, for one, love to hear other people's opinions on all topics Disney. Even if they differ from mine. I think there's definitely good and negative for both shows.

:wave:
Gordon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom