From Pop Century to Universal Studios and Sea World..

SpykeYs

Hello,

I am going to disney from may 11 to may 23rd. I will be staying at the Pop Century for 12 nights, but I still want to go at least 1 day to universal and 1 day to seaworld. Can I rent a car from Disney ? I don't want to rent a car at the airport for 12 days as I only need a car for 2 days...

What do you folks suggest ?

Thanks!

MPitzen

Yes, you can rent a car from Disney. I believe they are called Car Care Centers at Disney... I know Alamo has multiple sights on Disney property. If you go to Alamo's website and type in Disney World as your pick-up/drop-off location it will list the possibilities.

Also, make sure to check out mousesavers.com's travel section as it has many discounts for Alamo that could save you even more money.

Upvote 0

saltmom1

Depending on the number of people in your party it might be cheaper to use Mears transportation. You give them a time you want to go and they will pick you up at your hotel. You have to be a little flexible but I think the time I was given was within a half hour of what I wanted. You give them a time you want to be picked up and they will meet you at Universal or Sea World. Want to change the time you are picked up while you're there ? No problem. Just call and you can rearrange the time. The cost is $12 per adult and I think it's cheaper for kids, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
I think you best bet would be to take a taxi - they are readily available at every resort (car or van style). We took one day to go to Sea World and a taxi directly from Pop Century cost $20 total (each way) for 4 adults and 1 kid (it was just a month ago). Even if you spent $90-100 on 2 days worth of taxi's, I think it would still be less than a 2 day rental, plus gas and parking at each park (must be $8-10 a day) AND consider the time and logistics of getting to the car rental location - it's not easy! As far as I was told, they do not offer to pick you up, so I suppose you'd have to take a bus to T&T Center, then take another bus???
And believe it or not, to take a taxi to the car rental area in Disney property will cost you $8-10 anyway.
Or you can take the public buses, but you have to take a Disney bus to T&T Center to catch these. I think they run every 1/2 hour and I know it was only $1.50 per person to go to Sea World, but there's ALOT of time you'll waste going this route - not worth it IMO.
:)

Upvote 0

StarWolf

Are you sure about those cost estimates to/from Seaworld and Universal. I did it last year 4 times. Each was a little more than $30 each way. Mind you, I'm not arguing with your logic. With all the car rental costs, I still think a taxi is cheaper.

Upvote 0

tevange365

You need to do what you have to, or deem responsible but... for us we found the cabs leaving POP very expensive they charged us $20 to go to Contempory for an early Chef Mickeys I am not doubting what some are saying but I would look into the cab/rental car ASAP when you arrive .
Alamo has plenty of cars near the MK and they are very convenient to deal with ,.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Are you sure about those cost estimates to/from Seaworld and Universal. I did it last year 4 times. Each was a little more than $30 each way. Mind you, I'm not arguing with your logic. With all the car rental costs, I still think a taxi is cheaper.

Yeah last month ASMovies to Universal was about $30 +tip each way. Still cheaper than I expected.

Upvote 0

jvenegas

I used the Mears Transportation service from POP to US/IA last December and it was $15.00 per adult roundtrip and $12.00 per child roundtrip.

As it was posted before, you can call Mears to arrange pick-up time at the hotel and pick-up time at whichever theme park you're going that day.

There is a courtesy phone at the POP lobby entrance, near the bathrooms, that you can use to call Mears and arrange everything.

I really believe this would be your best bet.

Enjoy your trip!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

There is a courtesy phone at the POP lobby entrance, near the bathrooms, that you can use to call Mears and arrange everything.

You can also call Mears for free from your room. Just dial the Operator (dial "0", NOT the front desk button) and ask to be connected to Mears. There's no local call charge, either. (This tip works for other Disney calls, too, such as to the AMC Movie Theater for showtimes, or to call a Guest at another resort)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom