From hotels to parks...

kirst_al UK

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if non-hotel residents are allowed to take one of the resort boats to and from the parks....? It really interests me but due to us staying offsite am not sure if its possible. Also what hotels actually do a boat to and from a park - the only one i know, and correct me if im wrong, is the broadwalk to MGM - is this the only one..?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Can anyone tell me if non-hotel residents are allowed to take one of the resort boats to and from the parks....? It really interests me but due to us staying offsite am not sure if its possible. Also what hotels actually do a boat to and from a park - the only one i know, and correct me if im wrong, is the broadwalk to MGM - is this the only one..?
All Disney transportation is available for use by park guests. You do not have to be a resort guest.

I'm not sure of all the boats, but there's a boat between FW/FWC to/from MK, and POR to/from DTD... I suspect there are others..

aaron2525

yes you can use any boat you want as an offsite guest. there are numerous boats that take you to the parks.
1)fort wilderness lodge to magic kingdom
2)polynesian and grand floridian to magic kingdom
3)contemporary to magic kingdom
4) boardwalk/ yacht club/ beach club to mgm/epcot
5)french quarter, riverside and old key west will take you to downtown disney

help me out folks did i miss any ??:sohappy:

Chape19714

yes you can use any boat you want as an offsite guest. there are numerous boats that take you to the parks.
1)fort wilderness lodge to magic kingdom
2)polynesian and grand floridian to magic kingdom
3)contemporary to magic kingdom
4) boardwalk/ yacht club/ beach club to mgm/epcot
5)french quarter, riverside and old key west will take you to downtown disney

help me out folks did i miss any ??:sohappy:

Close, but a few differances, the routes are as follows:
1) Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground/Disney's Wilderness Lodge/Magic Kingdom
2) Poly/Grad FL/MK
* There is NO LONGER Contemporary to MK
3) Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin/Yacht and Beach/Epcot/MGM
4) Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter/Old Key West/Saratoga Springs/Downtown Disney
5) Downtown Shuttle Boat for PI/West Side/Marketplace
6) TTC/MK
7) Epcot World Showcase Lagoon boats (Morocco/Plaza West & Germany/Plaza East)
8) Fort Wilderness/Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge (no service to theme parks, hotel-hopping only)

kirst_al UK

Original Poster
Thats great thanks guys.....does anyone know how long any of these take....just to give us an idea - i expect 10-20 mins....but i've never been on one to a park before so i dont know for sure. Obviously it wouldnt be worth us off-siters jumping on the poly or floridian or contemp. boat to MK but i guess that would be the quickest. Also, how often do they run?
Whilst on on the subject of hotels.....can off site visitors have a look around the various hotels? I read somewhere on here that christmas, for example, different hotels have different decorations which are nice to see but I just mean in general can you have a walk around if not the actual hotels then the gardens?

lilclerk

Whilst on on the subject of hotels.....can off site visitors have a look around the various hotels? I read somewhere on here that christmas, for example, different hotels have different decorations which are nice to see but I just mean in general can you have a walk around if not the actual hotels then the gardens?
Yes, you can tour the various hotels.

smk

Just to be very specific, if you are not a resort guest you cannot park at the resort and take the boat to the parks for the day. You can go to a park, leave the park and ride the boat to say...the Poly and visit the resort, or the Grand Floridian and visit the resort BUT can't park at the Poly and go to MK and stay all day and then ride the boat back to the Poly to go home. Just in case you thought that is what you might like to do, I have heard of cars being towed away for parking too long at a resort if you are not a guest at the resort. :wave: Someone will correct me if I am wrong.....I hope!

HRT+3

Just to be very specific, if you are not a resort guest you cannot park at the resort and take the boat to the parks for the day. You can go to a park, leave the park and ride the boat to say...the Poly and visit the resort, or the Grand Floridian and visit the resort BUT can't park at the Poly and go to MK and stay all day and then ride the boat back to the Poly to go home. Just in case you thought that is what you might like to do, I have heard of cars being towed away for parking too long at a resort if you are not a guest at the resort. :wave: Someone will correct me if I am wrong.....I hope!

Oddly enough that is EXACTLY what the CM I booked our Ohana reservations with suggested we do, park at the Poly and take transportation from there....

kirst_al UK

Original Poster
It may not be quicker to take a boat, but it is so RELAXING.

This is what i'm thinking and why i would love to just jump on a boat.

Oh no, we would be getting a taxi to one of the hotels and just go from there. Thanks for that though i'm sure it would assist some folk to know that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom