News Friendship Boat service to Disney's Hollywood Studios closing for refurbishment

jakeman

Any idea how long it will be closed for? We always walk to DHS but I can see where a lot of people would be upset or inconvenienced.
It's a nice walk that is faster than the boat. I can understand after a long day though not being up for that trek back with kids.
If only there was a high tension cable based form of mass transportation available to be used as an alternate means of getting to DHS.
You mean an electric death box?

Epcotfan21

Yea this kinda sucks. We're going at the end of May and like to use the boats when we need a break from the sun/walking.

TeriofTerror

As long as the walkway remains open, I have no issues with this. The walkway from BW to DHS is one of my favorite decompression spots in WDW -- peaceful, quiet, uncrowded.
BTW, I think this ties in nicely with the gondola thread. While the boats are out of commission, bus transportation will be available. This is undoubtedly how it will work for the gondolas, as well.

Driver

I am hoping it's only for 6 weeks. We are heading in September and have always used boat to HS. If a person was to walk, how long does it take?
It will easily be rapped up by then. The plan is to have this back up before the summer season really ramps up. And the walk is minutes.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
26B1AA7D-F24E-48E8-8C22-1D6BF3CD1B2A.jpeg

A couple of days ago I was on the boat inside the World Showcase. I asked when the second boat crossing ended was there were originally one from each dock. He said it had been a while.

He went further to Say enjoy all the Epcot boats cause you don’t know one day they’ll all be gone

As he continued he spoke of the need for boats given the monorail issues and repairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom