News Friendship Boat service to Disney's Hollywood Studios closing for refurbishment

tonymu

Premium Member
I don't understand why service to Disney Hollywood Studios service is being disrupted because of the dock between the Dolphin and the Swan. Why couldn't the boats still travel between Epcot, Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk and Hollywood Studios

ABQ

The boat passes a few bridges between Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk area stops, but I don't assume it's Buena Vista drive under pass, but there are two other bridges, so it could be either. One roughly between Jellyrolls and the Swan, the other roughly Atlantic Dance Hall toward the Dolphin.

GCTales

My guess is this one, since it shut them all down.

map.jpg

Harryo

Does that mean Illumination cruise boats won't be able to take the ride to DHS as well? May have to rethink Illumination Cruise.

JohnD

View attachment 280854
A couple of days ago I was on the boat inside the World Showcase. I asked when the second boat crossing ended was there were originally one from each dock. He said it had been a while.

He went further to Say enjoy all the Epcot boats cause you don’t know one day they’ll all be gone

As he continued he spoke of the need for boats given the monorail issues and repairs.

Is asking a boat captain a variation of asking a bus driver?

COProgressFan

I think it’s about a mile walk from BC, so 20-30 mins at a leisurely pace. I wish it were possible to walk to all the parks from the resorts (why isn’t there a bridge to MK from GF?!)

I too wish they finished the complete "Walk around the World" around the lagoon as had originally been planned. I think it would be a great option and provide another way to avoid the already overloaded monorail and boat situation. And sometimes its nice to just have a quiet place to walk (or jog/run, whatever) away from the crowds.

But I don't think we'll ever see it happen due to not only the high costs of building the path and bridge over the canal just west of the MK, but the ongoing costs in terms of landscaping, lighting, security staffing, etc. A shame, really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom