Friday's Christmas Parade Taping

JROK

drp4video said:
I have to laugh because so many people in MK on Christmas Day think the parade is live. We were there last year on Christmas day and everyone was lining up really early. It poured during parade time, and it did not start on time, and eventually the parade was canceled. Everyone was very upset and they were all talking about how could disney cancel the parade??? It won't be on t.v. Most were shocked to find out it was filmed in advance.

Funny story... I was working Universal's MACY's Holiday Parade last year on Christmas day and we had gotten word that Disney had already cancelled their parade and we weren't sure if we were. So then we said, "Well if Disney isn't doing a parade, we are!" We had to do a lot of role switching into costumes that could survive the rain, and we did the parade, soaking wet, slip sliding, and with smiles... it was a lot of fun and sort of made me feel special... Our thinking was, "Well if people came here today just for this parade, then we gotta give them a parade!" ... I thought it was a poor move by Disney to cancel it, especially on Christmas day...

Here are some pics from the tapings. My girlfriend and I were there for Paulina Rubio on Friday afternoon and for the parade on Saturday. We were front row for both. Paulina Rubio had a dress problem in which she was showing too much leg and so there was a 45 minute delay until they could get some mesh to cover her legs. But it was a great performance, along with Aly & AJ and The Cheetah Girls, and I can't wait to see everything put together on Christmas morning.

Budahman

Here is my experience on the parade taping for the Friday morning segments.

Shows up at 8am like requested, hung out at the gates for about 30-45 minutes. We were one of the first 25 let in. We were sent down main street (empty, but very cool) and led to just left of the hub if you are looking at the castle.

We had our little girl (23 months old) with us as well. We figured it's something we'd try once... to do the taping. We stood at that spot watching rehearsals for about 20 minutes then led to our paces in front on the castle. Front row.!! :eek:)
We then stood there for what seemed like an hour to an hour 1/2 waiting for the first performer...The Brian Stezer Orchestra. FINALLY....he came out and did the song. I think there were 4-5 takes and finally they wrapped him up.

For me I was glad to do it once. My wife complained the whole time. The baby got tired and I ended up holding her for most of the time while she slept on me. We bailed out right after The BS Orchestra was done. We couldn't stand it any longer. My back was KILLIN' ME.!

It seemed that when we left and went thru the park after that, the park didn't seem to busy and we really could have watch the same events more comfortably from the Rosegarden or any other place around the castle.

We won't do it again I'm sure.......but It was cool to try once. The cameras flew right beside us many times and I'm sure we'll be on the parade (at least for that song), unless we get the dreadful cut/edit out of it. ???

My easy, quick suggestions:
Dont go with a baby
Watch from a distance if you can
Plan to stand in 1 place for long long periods of a time
Eat and drink before you go

The later two I knew going into it, so I'm not complaining at all.

Oh, I am also an Independent Filmmaker and I got to see some totally cool equipment, and a cool set up, so that was neat as well.

Happy Holidays

Shanandty

Sorry for the stupid question, but when do they show the parade on TV? I assume its Xmas Day- but you never know with all the Xmas specials out there...

I'm a new Disney Freak, so I have lots of stupid questions! hee hee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom