French Quater And Riverside To Become Military Owned

disneydudette

Original Poster
We were schedualed to stay at Riverside over christmas...

a week before our departure.....we were moved to the polyneisian :D ....at this time...the french quater was closer for renovations

other reservations at Riverside were moved to the contempary and Grand Floridian

When we question the suspicios closing....The answer we came out with was that because of the low attendance at both resorts in the past years ( hardly believe) that the military was going to buy out the resorts...just as they did with shades of green.

THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE!! :zipit:

if it is....it means that Riverside and the French Quater will no longer be open to the general public....just military members....

Also.....it may take a while for this to happen.....if true.....so feel free to still book reservations at both resorts......

PS sry for the spelling!!!

agdbeanie

They temporarily closed French Quarter due to low attendance but it is opening back up b/c tourism is back up. Part of Dixie Landings was closed for refurbishment. I have a hard time believing that they would sell these resorts to the govt. b/c they have the boat service and Shades of Green is being majorly expanded. In all likelyness this rumor is false.

I seriously doubt this. I had friends who were also transferred from PO to Polynesian in January and they were told that it was simply because of the slower than usual attendance. To close PO to the general public, Disney would be giving up half of thier moderate resort rooms -- which are the most popular. That just doesn't make sense. And I know Shades of Green is very popular with the military crowd -- you have to book WAY in advance to get a room -- but would they really do all the renovation work they're doing now on SoG if they were going to buy so many more rooms? I don't think so.

And starting in a week or two, PO will be opened again. I think it really was just a lack of need for the rooms.

disneydudette

Original Poster
I'm glad that there it's almost a gurentee that this is false....I agree with u.....the idea seems foolish and a stupid advancement in the resort world of WDW

but with cut backs........u can never know.......most likely if the military were to buy that out....attendence in the resort would sky rocket....like u said.....its nearly impossible to get a room at shades of green.

But hopefully....attendence will rise and a buy out will never come to the table....

Pioneer Hall

This is NOT TRUE!!!!

There was a rumor about this a while ago, and this is about the 5th version of the story I have heard.

AGAIN THIS IS IN NO WAY TRUE!!!

figmentmom

I would hate to see Port Orleans and Riverside no longer available to the general public, but I, too, doubt the rumor is true. Disney needs more, not fewer, moderately-priced rooms.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If this is true a vast number of teddies will be ejected from the cot. I'd be surprised if it is because it features in the UK brochures for next year. Also I know the american military look after themselves but id be surprised if theyd put up enough money to buy Disneys biggest complex.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I believe there was talk of temporarily using a portion of Port Orleans French Quarter to accomodate millitary guest while Shades of Green was being refurbished. However, I also believe those plans fell through because of red tape.

Michael Darling

The Port Orleans resorts are not going Military. They're being used for Shades of Green guests while Shades of Green is being rennovated... It's only temporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom