French Quarter and Riverside

Ricky Spanish

So we were scheduled to stay at All Star Movies June 4-14, 2020.
Modified our reservation around May 3rd.
Changed our dates to June 6-16, 2021 and our resort to POFQ.
Room only, could not purchase park tickets as of that date.
Last week, after a 4 hour and 24 minute call with Disney, we purchased our park tickets.
But we had to change resorts.
Was told that, as of June 2020, POFQ was not scheduled to be open in June 2021.
We are now scheduled to be at Coronado Springs.

MrsDoubie

I also had reservations at POFQ 10/25-10/30 and was given the option of only CSR or CBR. I’m not a fan of CSR and I’ve never stayed at CBR but the person I’m traveling with has and doesn’t care for it. So disappointed we weren’t given any other options.

jaklgreen

I also had reservations at POFQ 10/25-10/30 and was given the option of only CSR or CBR. I’m not a fan of CSR and I’ve never stayed at CBR but the person I’m traveling with has and doesn’t care for it. So disappointed we weren’t given any other options.

I would take CSR but a preferred room. One of the main reasons for staying at POFQ is the size. I don't think a standard room at either of those resorts is equivalent to a room at POFQ. My stay is earlier in the month and CSR will not be open yet. So only CBR as the other moderate. I just flat out told him that I refuse to stay there. Not only do I not think it is equal, I am one of those that does not want to ride the skyliner. That's a big nope for me. And I spend the majority of my time at Epcot.

Herdman

So were you proactive in changing or did Disney reach out to you to make the change? We are scheduled at POFQ from 10/22 - 10/31, and we've heard nothing fronm Disney yet. In fact, a cast member told me that there was still a chance that the resort could be open and Disney would eventually contact me if necessary.

MrsDoubie

We had to contact them for something other than the room and while on that call they told us we needed to switch. We did switch to CBR and in a preferred room. I would wait to contact Disney about the room. In hindsight we could have waited for our issue as well. I’m hoping POFQ or POR opens back up before our trip. I’ll switch back if that’s the case.
So were you proactive in changing or did Disney reach out to you to make the change? We are scheduled at POFQ from 10/22 - 10/31, and we've heard nothing fronm Disney yet. In fact, a cast member told me that there was still a chance that the resort could be open and Disney would eventually contact me if necessary.

mf1972

we’re booked at FQ for 10/27-11/6. called disney myself asking if we need to be moved to another resort. since i booked with a travel agent, i need them to reach out to disney. i’m still waiting to hear from my agent.

Herdman

You decide what you're doing yet? What resort you booked in currently?
We are at the French Quarter. We are still planning on the trip, but we are in a holding pattern on the resort. We haven't heard anything yet from Disney, and a cast member told me that there was still a chance for the resort to be open then and that Disney would contact us to change if needed. Others have been more proactive than us in going ahead and changing resorts, but we're waiting it out for now.

dizneegirl13

My guess is that FQ or R will not reopen until they need to be. In other words, when the other resorts get enough reservations to be reasonably filled, there will be a need to reopen these two resorts, or maybe even one at a time. They do not know when these resorts will reopen, IMO and will do so when the situation requires it. They probably say they are not open until maybe sometimes next year, but that's not carved in stone.

BigThunderMatt

Side note, does anybody know if Disney is offering an alternative moderate resort option to bring pets? PORI was the only moderate that allowed non-service animals. Coming with family next year and they want to bring their dogs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom