French Fries!

nicb88

Original Poster
Hello to all!

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed a change in French fries at WDW? My last visit was back in September 2015, and having just arrived here once more I've noticed that the French fries being served are, to me, noticeably different!

The fries before had a distinct taste that I've only ever had here at Disney World, but the new fries are skinnier and more in keeping with those at McDonald's, for example. They seem quite a lot more bland in flavor, too.

Maybe it's just been an off day for fries, but I'd noticed the change both at Casey's and at The Plaza. They're not unpleasant by any means, but you know when you just get so used to something that a change comes as a surprise? :)

Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The fries at the Plaza were changed to save money. They used to be steak cut fries and guests complained when they received fewer fries on the plate (an attempt to cut costs) so the switch was made to skinny fries so there would be more of the them on the plate :rolleyes:. This was the answer I got from the manager.

I can't comment about Casey's since I don't eat there but I imagine the reasoning is similar.

mouse_luv

Well, if it is indeed true that my wonderful (best I've ever had) steak fries from the Plaza are no more then I guess I won't have to fret about trying to get a walk up on the next vacation there. I loved those fries, the chef was awesome with allergy issues and it was one of my fave dining spots in all of WDW, but if my fries are gone (the main reason I've sang the praises of that place), then bye Plaza.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well, if it is indeed true that my wonderful (best I've ever had) steak fries from the Plaza are no more then I guess I won't have to fret about trying to get a walk up on the next vacation there. I loved those fries, the chef was awesome with allergy issues and it was one of my fave dining spots in all of WDW, but if my fries (the main reason I've sang the praises of that place, then bye Plaza.
Maybe we should start a "Bring back the steak fries" petition! :joyfull:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
The fries at the Plaza were changed to save money. They used to be steak cut fries and guests complained when they received fewer fries on the plate (an attempt to cut costs) so the switch was made to skinny fries so there would be more of the them on the plate :rolleyes:. This was the answer I got from the manager.

I can't comment about Casey's since I don't eat there but I imagine the reasoning is similar.
That's disappointing, thanks for the info though. I had no idea they changed the fries at the Plaza. The only reason I'd brother to go back there was for the fries.

Variable

Sounds like the usual eyes of the beholder. Give them same oz of fires in two styles, guests think they get more with skinny ones.

Similar to "huge beef patty!" that's only 1/4 pounder, flattened out to be bigger in diameter do its larger than the bun

Herdman

This sounds like the old story of the person who couldn't eat a whole pizza if it was cut in 8 slices, but they could if it was cut in 4. There's just no way they could eat 8 slices of pizza......

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hello to all!

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed a change in French fries at WDW? My last visit was back in September 2015, and having just arrived here once more I've noticed that the French fries being served are, to me, noticeably different!

The fries before had a distinct taste that I've only ever had here at Disney World, but the new fries are skinnier and more in keeping with those at McDonald's, for example. They seem quite a lot more bland in flavor, too.

Maybe it's just been an off day for fries, but I'd noticed the change both at Casey's and at The Plaza. They're not unpleasant by any means, but you know when you just get so used to something that a change comes as a surprise? :)

Thanks!

What?????!!! They've changed the fries at Casey's?! Those were, IMHO, the BEST on property. Now I'm bummed, really bummed. :-(

EvilQueen-T

We've noticed too. The super skinny one's also loose their heat really fast too. The place we've noticed it the most was at the Plaza. They use to have the fat steak fries that were always super hot and yummy and now even there they've switched to the same one's you get all over property now :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom