French/English @ Studios

ogryn

Original Poster
Hi,

can anyone tell me what shows/pre-shows are in French and which are in English at the Studios?

I know they have a mixture at DLP. HISTA is the English film with French headsets, but Star Tours is re-recorded in French.

Thanks

Léo

Let's see...

@ Art of Diney Animation:
- pre-show in French, subtitled in various languages
- show in various languages (one scene in French, one in German, one in English and so on...)

@ Studio Tram Tour:
- show in various languages depending on where you sit on the tram

@ Cinémagique
- show: Frenglish :)

@ Armageddon:
- pre-show in French subtiteld in various languages

@ Stunt Show:
- show in French and in English

@ Rock'n'Roller Coaster avec Aérosmith
- ride in Scream-O-vision :)

Léo

ogryn

Original Poster
Thanks Leo, I was wondering if anyone knew!

One other quick point about the Language issue

Do Paris CM's have to speak French and English, because even if I try to speak French to them, the reply in English (I must be real bad!!:lol: )

Sweet Laker

All cast members are able to speak English as French as well.

Anyone trying to get a job at Disneyland Resort Paris must be able to speak English and French. But a lot of CM's are from outside France, so you will find a lot of different languages there. There are, for example, CM's who can speak Dutch, or Italian or Spanish. So there are a lot of languages 'availeble' at DLRP :)

jeffs10

So if you cannot speak any french you should be able to get around in disneyland paris? and not feel lost? I might be going there in oct and was worried about not speaking french.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by jeffs10
So if you cannot speak any french you should be able to get around in disneyland paris? and not feel lost? I might be going there in oct and was worried about not speaking french.

I speak/understand french and english (among other languages), and I can say that just with the english they give you there, most americans shouldn't have a problem navigating there. If you decided to go into Paris, it'll be a little trickier, but given Paris' huge amounts of Tourism, English shouldn't be too much of a problem.

jeffs10

Originally posted by mkt
I speak/understand french and english (among other languages), and I can say that just with the english they give you there, most americans shouldn't have a problem navigating there. If you decided to go into Paris, it'll be a little trickier, but given Paris' huge amounts of Tourism, English shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What about menus at the restruants do they have them in english?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by ogryn
Hi,

can anyone tell me what shows/pre-shows are in French and which are in English at the Studios?

I know they have a mixture at DLP. HISTA is the English film with French headsets, but Star Tours is re-recorded in French.

Thanks

HISTA is a bit of a strange one. On certain days of the week it plays the movie in English, with headsets for the others. Then on the remaining days, the movie plays in French with English and other headsets. It used to be that the English movie played during the weekdays, with the French version at the weekend, I am not sure if it is still that way though.

ogryn

Original Poster
Re: Re: French/English @ Studios

Originally posted by wdwmagic
HISTA is a bit of a strange one. On certain days of the week it plays the movie in English, with headsets for the others. Then on the remaining days, the movie plays in French with English and other headsets. It used to be that the English movie played during the weekdays, with the French version at the weekend, I am not sure if it is still that way though.

Thanks I thought it was different since the last time I went. I thought I was going mad. :)

Seems a lot of hassle to keep swapping things around, doesn't it?

What about menus at the restruants do they have them in english?

Some do, some don't. It doesn't really matter that much, as there are pictures, and a basic grasp of French will get you by. Or you could just eat burgers, as a cheeseburger is called a cheeseburger :)

experiment628

Re: Re: Re: French/English @ Studios

Seems a lot of hassle to keep swapping things around, doesn't it?

Not really.... They just push a button - et voila!!! :)

Some do, some don't. It doesn't really matter that much, as there are pictures, and a basic grasp of French will get you by. Or you could just eat burgers, as a cheeseburger is called a cheeseburger :) [/B]

Actually, (as far as I know) all of DLRP's counter service restaurants have bilingual menus. Sometimes even a third language.

And at the table service restaurants, you can get menus in all of Europe's most important languages (French, English, Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian).

ogryn

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Re: French/English @ Studios

Originally posted by experiment628

Actually, (as far as I know) all of DLRP's counter service restaurants have bilingual menus. Sometimes even a third language.

The one in Frontierland near the Tarzan show was definately only in French

experiment628

Really??? :confused:

That's VERY hard to believe... did you look above all of the counters? Sometimes they've got the French one above one counter and the counter next to it features the English menu...

:confused:

Sweet Laker

Originally posted by jeffs10

My native language is Dutch and my knowledge of the English language is rather poor. (I made a test to get into University and i had 24 of the 68 questions Good (Allmost got me into level 2 out of 4, still have to start level one though :( , but thats another story :) )

Writing is possible, but making a conversation is rather hard for me and even i was able to make myself clear at Disneyland Paris, so, you being able speaking English, should have no problem at all. Only, as said before, some of the shows are in French, but a lot of them has got English translation. (and a few Dutch, lucky me :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom