Free Wireless Internet Pilot at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Mickey is King

I bet it will be free for the deluxe and be charged for the lower levels.

True that!!!!!!

Funny how the world ( the real world not WDW ) works like that, give the people who CAN afford ANYTHING they desire stuff for free or reduced cost, and everyone else can pay full price. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu Kinda like how some places will let a celeb. eat on the house, while I pay. It has happened before my eyes. :hammer:

flavious27

True that!!!!!!

Funny how the world ( the real world not WDW ) works like that, give the people who CAN afford ANYTHING they desire stuff for free or reduced cost, and everyone else can pay full price. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu Kinda like how some places will let a celeb. eat on the house, while I pay. It has happened before my eyes. :hammer:

Well I figure that wdw will only provide this as a free service for the deluxe because those guests wonder why it is not free for them. Isn't this the reason that tdo wants to give deluxe guests more fps?

disneydata

Original Poster
Well it matters what could be outsourced, I am sure that any coding and development is handled out of house. Isn't there a large IT building near holiday events?
That's a master archival and data storage unit.

Also, a lot of the coding now is being handled in-house. The new system at the resorts front desk locations was developed by Disney.

flavious27

That's a master archival and data storage unit.

Also, a lot of the coding now is being handled in-house. The new system at the resorts front desk locations was developed by Disney.

So that is hopefully a well guarded building, like the wdi offices filled with future plans?

Really, that is a bright spot. Too bad I dislike coding.

gustaftp

Listen, I would love to have free wireless when staying at WDW, and I hope I am wrong on this but I doubt they will ever have it (I am guessing this free offer is just a test to see how the wifi is working in certain areas).

The vast majority of nicer hotels do not offer wireless free. You see the lower end hotels offering it as a selling point, higher end hotels do not need free wifi to entice people to stay there. Trust me, I know this from attending tons of conferences, and I would say 90% of the time there is no free wifi unless I am late booking and end up at a lower end hotel nearby. It sure would be nice to have it at WDW, but there really is no incentive for them to do so as it would not only be a cost they incur themselves but it would also keep people out of the parks or doing other activities in which they are more likely to spend money. Don't get me wrong, I won't complain at all if they start offering it full time, I just don't expect it to happen unfortunately.

I beg to differ. I've now stayed at two of the top-rated hotels in my area -- a brand-spanking-new Hilton, and Sofitel. Both offered free internet. When I checked in, the Hilton asked if I'd have need of the internet, and I mentioned "yes". They handed me a card with a code to input into my computer. The Sofitel didn't ask as I checked in, but when I saw they wanted to charge $5 for the internet upon booting up my computer, I called in to the front desk and they also gave me a code to use.

Sometimes all you need to do is ask...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I beg to differ. I've now stayed at two of the top-rated hotels in my area -- a brand-spanking-new Hilton, and Sofitel. Both offered free internet. When I checked in, the Hilton asked if I'd have need of the internet, and I mentioned "yes". They handed me a card with a code to input into my computer. The Sofitel didn't ask as I checked in, but when I saw they wanted to charge $5 for the internet upon booting up my computer, I called in to the front desk and they also gave me a code to use.

And did either one of those resorts have a "resort fee" tacked onto your bill?

gustaftp

No resort fee, no incidental fee, no parking fee, nothing. NSA free internet, so-to-speak. The connections were fast, too.

googilycub

That is good. It is still rare to find free internet at the higher end hotels, although it is not unheard of.

Brian Noble

I beg to differ.
I spend about 40-50 nights per year in business class hotels. Nearly all of them charge for internet. In general, the higher on the food chain you go in terms of "brand", the more it costs.

There are exceptions. Good for you for finding two of them. But, they are exceptions.

flavious27

I spend about 40-50 nights per year in business class hotels. Nearly all of them charge for internet. In general, the higher on the food chain you go in terms of "brand", the more it costs.

There are exceptions. Good for you for finding two of them. But, they are exceptions.

That is true, when I took business trips for my last employer the Marriott in Times Square charged like 15 or 20 a night. Though that was the only hotel I encountered during my trips to nyc that charged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom