Free Water!!!

Water

For the last 20 years we have been drinking the water from the fountains dotted around the parks. It has all been fine , sometimes it can be warm. But it`s free!!

JeffH

Water taste quality varies throughout the parks...

Generally, its the Magic Kingdom that has typically poor tasting water, although a few filtered water fountains can be found (e.g. one 'hidden' in back of PotCaribbean shop near the restrooms.)
The water fountains at DHS are much better (I guess filtered fountains became somewhat standard by the time this park was built). I can't really remember ANY water outside of the MK that tasted bad. But the only places you can get free water (or free cups of ice), are the places (indoor or outdoor) that serve soda in cups with ice...like Rosies.

Better yet, though, is how several restaurants now offer soda bars where you can get free refills while you eat and a full cup as you leave for the same price as a non-refillable cup elsewhere. What you do with that cup is up to you.

I really hope they aren't refilling people's water bottles or canteens from the soda fountain despensers. That is gross, you put your lips on those and then it touches the soda despenser. ick. I also will not use public water fountains either, who knows what germy mouths have been on there. :eek:

We just take a water bottle in and get a water with lunch.

powlessfamily4

Of course in the south, we just call it Coke.

Check out this map of the US and what different areas call it:
http://www.evl.uic.edu/aej/526/pics/total-county.gif

Somebody had A LOT of spare time!

LOL soooooo true. I grew up in Illinois where is was soda pop or you said CoKe, Pepsi etc. Then I moved to Georgia. I ordered a Coke and they said "what kind". I said "just a Coke". The waitress looked at me and said "We have Sprite, Root Beer, Cola", I remember thinking ohhhh now I get it, everything is a coke. :hammer:

AlishaSimonLee

I really hope they aren't refilling people's water bottles or canteens from the soda fountain despensers. That is gross, you put your lips on those and then it touches the soda despenser. ick. I also will not use public water fountains either, who knows what germy mouths have been on there. :eek:

We just take a water bottle in and get a water with lunch.

While I don't go out and lick water fountains and I do wash my hands, I do trust my immune system enough not to worry about every little thing. It's there for a reason.

While I don't go out and lick water fountains and I do wash my hands, I do trust my immune system enough not to worry about every little thing. It's there for a reason.

I know they are there for a reason. All I was just saying is that I don't use public fountains. In my opinion they seem germy. So to think that they might refill someone's used water bottle (that has someone's lips on the mouth peice) from the soda fountain seems a little unsanitary....to me (a person who does worry about germs). What bothers one person may not bother another.

Rob562

I know they are there for a reason. All I was just saying is that I don't use public fountains. In my opinion they seem germy. So to think that they might refill someone's used water bottle (that has someone's lips on the mouth peice) from the soda fountain seems a little unsanitary....to me (a person who does worry about germs). What bothers one person may not bother another.

Disney will not refill Guests' containers for pretty much exactly that reason. They will give you a cup or two of water that you can then pour into your own container, if you so desire.

Though what Guests do at the free-for-all self-service machines is another story entirely.

-Rob

AlishaSimonLee

I'm sorry. I was trying to be humorous. I went back and realized that I came across a bit rude.

stratman50th

I thought about buying one of those refillable cups, but then decided they were just to expensive. So when I want a cold soda, I just tilt my head up under one of those ole soda dispensers, open my mouth, and fill er on up. Cups are for wussies! Saves the environment too, no cups to go into a landfill! :D

Minnie1976

Depending where you are sometimes they give you a big cup of water and sometimes a small cup. Either way it is free and wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom