Free style machine

MaryJaneP

Local Wawas seem to have excellent Freestyle machines. As a Coca-cola aficionado, the mix ratios are apparently set ideally to produce excellent beverages. Without being a Freestyle expert, my observations are

1. Cleaning - an essential aspect of the experience. Running (briefly) a water dispense batch may help rinse some of the prior episode out of the nozzle. Likewise, if the nozzle (on the machine) is cleaned (daily), there should be no residual flavor.

2. Maybe some Freestyle machine ratios (syrup + carrier (bubbly water), are fudged, possibly to use less of a more expensive component. IMHO YMMV.

surfsupdon

It's a pretty great amenity to have! I was impressed when they got added, they certainly improved my guest experience!

A Freestyle within the resort would work wonders for the Boardwalk. Their sole fountain machine is constantly out of ice, and cannot keep up with the demand for the entire resort. Additionally, the "boardwalk" itself feels more formal than other areas of the resort, so it's odd to have such a long commute to get a soda, along with feeling out of place wearing more casual clothing on the boardwalk. The issue then arises that the pool bar is the best location to get soda (and yes, the bartender will refill your mug), but then you feel as though you're pestering the bartender, and actual customers leave the bar because of the line of guests that just want their mug refilled.

Anyways, I agree with you. Caribbean Beach did a great job getting the scattered Freestyles throughout the property, and other resorts should follow in their footsteps given how little room needs to be put aside to install a Freestyle machine!
Imagine how efficient and convenient the Freestyle machines would be at the BoardWalk, in the example you used. Follow the CBR model and install a free style machine on floors 2 and 4 in the ice machine area in the main building area, and on floors 1 and 3 in the outer area that wraps around by the quiet pool. Would be a huge help.

And you are right- it is pesky to have to ask a bartender to refill your mug. Of course they do it, but it is not ideal.

flynnibus

Premium Member
2. Maybe some Freestyle machine ratios (syrup + carrier (bubbly water), are fudged, possibly to use less of a more expensive component. IMHO YMMV.

The whole system is kinda closed market with coke supplying the refills. They use these ultra concentrated syrups and they just don’t taste nearly as good as the classic chilled fountain drink.

McDonalds coke ftw!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom