Free style machine

UNCgolf

Does that mean they have regular fountain Cokes? If so, maybe I'll consider staying at the Contemporary after all!

DisneyFanatic12

Does that mean they have regular fountain Cokes? If so, maybe I'll consider staying at the Contemporary after all!
Yup! Fountain at Contempo Cafe and the pool bar. The only Freestyles on the MK loop are at Gasparilla Island Grill (with the only fountain machine at GF being at the Beach Pool Bar).

To the best of my knowledge:
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort - Fountain Machine (Cove Bar Pool Bar)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Fountain Machine (Roaring Fork)
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - Fountain Machine (World Premiere Food Court)
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Fountain Machine (Intermission Food Court)
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - Fountain Machine (End Zone Food Court)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - Fountain Machine (The Mara)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village - Fountain Machine (Maji Pool Bar AND Johari Treasures)
Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Fountain Machine (Landscape of Flavors AND The Drop Off Pool Bar)
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Fountain Machine (Beach Club Marketplace AND Hurricane Hanna's Waterside Bar and Grill)
Disney's Yacht Club - Freestyle Machine (The Market at Ale & Compass) AND Fountain Machine (Hurricane Hanna's Waterside Bar and Grill)
Disney's BoardWalk - Fountain Machine (Only the one at Boardwalk Deli for the entire resort)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Fountain Machine AND Freestyle (Centertown Market) AND many Freestyle Machines throughout the resort (Buildings 25, 33, 34, 38, 43, 46, 52, 56)
Disney's Contemporary Resort - Fountain Machine (Contempo Café)
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Fountain Machine (Siestas Cantina Pool Bar, El Mercado de Coronado)
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Freestyle Machine (Gasparilla Island Grill) and Fountain Machine (Beach Pool Bar)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Fountain Machine (Goods-to-Go, Turtle Shack)
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Fountain Machine (Captain Cook's, Oasis Pool Bar & Grill)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Fountain Machine (Everything POP, Petals Pool Bar)
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Freestyle Machine (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory)
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Fountain Machine (Riverside Mill Food Court)
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - Fountain Machine (Artist’s Palette, On the Rocks Pool Bar, and Backstretch Pool Bar)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Fountain Machine (Roaring Forks, Geyser Point Bar & Grill)
Disney’s Riviera Resort - Freestyle Machine (Primo Piatto) AND Fountain Machine (Bar Riva)
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort - Fountain Machine (Trail’s End Restaurant, Meadow Snack Bar)

Hopefully that answers your question 🤣

Last edited:

surfsupdon

Yup! Fountain at Contempo Cafe and the pool bar. The only Freestyles on the MK loop are at Gasparilla Island Grill (with the only fountain machine at GF being at the Beach Pool Bar).

To the best of my knowledge:
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort - Fountain Machine (Cove Bar Pool Bar)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Fountain Machine (Roaring Fork)
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - Fountain Machine (World Premiere Food Court)
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Fountain Machine (Intermission Food Court)
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - Fountain Machine (End Zone Food Court)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - Fountain Machine (The Mara)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village - Fountain Machine (Maji Pool Bar AND Johari Treasures)
Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Fountain Machine (Landscape of Flavors AND The Drop Off Pool Bar)
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Fountain Machine (Beach Club Marketplace AND Hurricane Hanna's Waterside Bar and Grill)
Disney's Yacht Club - Freestyle Machine (The Market at Ale & Compass) AND Fountain Machine (Hurricane Hanna's Waterside Bar and Grill)
Disney's BoardWalk - Fountain Machine (Only the one at Boardwalk Deli for the entire resort)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Fountain Machine AND Freestyle (Centertown Market) AND many Freestyle Machines throughout the resort (Buildings 25, 33, 34, 38, 43, 46, 52, 56)
Disney's Contemporary Resort - Fountain Machine (Contempo Café)
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Fountain Machine (Siestas Cantina Pool Bar, El Mercado de Coronado)
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Freestyle Machine (Gasparilla Island Grill) and Fountain Machine (Beach Pool Bar)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Fountain Machine (Goods-to-Go, Turtle Shack)
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Fountain Machine (Captain Cook's, Oasis Pool Bar & Grill)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Fountain Machine (Everything POP, Petals Pool Bar)
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Freestyle Machine (Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory)
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Fountain Machine (Riverside Mill Food Court)
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - Fountain Machine (Artist’s Palette, On the Rocks Pool Bar, and Backstretch Pool Bar)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Fountain Machine (Roaring Forks, Geyser Point Bar & Grill)
Disney’s Riviera Resort - Freestyle Machine (Primo Piatto) AND Fountain Machine (Bar Riva)
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort - Fountain Machine (Trail’s End Restaurant, Meadow Snack Bar)

Hopefully that answers your question 🤣
It blows my mind how ONLY Caribbean Beach has scattered freestyle machines around the entire property making it easily accessible to refill drinks with your mug.

This should be done at all sprawling resorts. The Values and Moderates especially, and including the campus style deluxe resorts.

Kudos to CBR managent for getting this done. It’s a great convenience.

Tuvalu

It blows my mind how ONLY Caribbean Beach has scattered freestyle machines around the entire property making it easily accessible to refill drinks with your mug.

This should be done at all sprawling resorts. The Values and Moderates especially, and including the campus style deluxe resorts.

POFQ also has the Freestyle machines.

Raxel7851

Just in the single food court. POFQ is very small.
It’s a little strange that they have the Freestyle machines at POFQ, our Fav resort, but they don’t have them at POR. If I recall they have 8 Freestyle machines. 4 on each side of the beverage Island at POFQ.

Raxel7851

Yup! I’m the exact opposite, so I prefer POR for the lack of freestyle machines 🤣
Is that because of the simplicity of the Non-freestyle machines? From what I’ve noticed in our many visits to POFQ, those Freestyle machines appear to be high maintenance. And then you get the people who either can’t make up their mind, or have trouble figuring out how the machines work and at times 8 machines aren’t enough. At POR, it’s put your mug under the control arm, push, and 5 seconds later you’re on your way. However it is nice to have choices, maybe not to the extent the Freestyle machines offer.

DisneyFanatic12

Is that because of the simplicity of the Non-freestyle machines? From what I’ve noticed in our many visits to POFQ, those Freestyle machines appear to be high maintenance. And then you get the people who either can’t make up their mind, or have trouble figuring out how the machines work and at times 8 machines aren’t enough. At POR, it’s put your mug under the control arm, push, and 5 seconds later you’re on your way. However it is nice to have choices, maybe not to the extent the Freestyle machines offer.
The best way I've found to put it is that a fountain machine makes a limited amount of drinks, but makes each very well. A Freestyle makes a lot of different drinks but doesn't make any to the quality of a traditional fountain drink. That said, you can download the Freestyle app (I think it's been renamed to +One now), and mess with percentages to make your own drink. Using that method, you can better replicate a soda fountain, but it still isn't the same. There are some drinks that taste similar enough out of a Freestyle machine, but they can't compete in flavor to their fountain machine counterparts. The only other complaint is that they need many Freestyle machines because they go offline when you have to refill them. Shutting them down, replacing the cartridges, and powering them back on can take an extended period of time. With a fountain machine, you don't have this extended time to refill the soda cartridges. I also find that the Freestyle machines are often almost completely "sold out" of most drinks because the time it takes to refill them is drastic enough that it makes more sense to leave them to run with a limited number of options than to take them offline, especially at resorts with a limited number of Freestyle machines (Grand Floridian).

With all that being said, I do like the Freestyle machines, and there are a lot of things going for them, namely the number of options. However, the flavor just isn't usually as high of a quality as a soda fountain.

Raxel7851

The best way I've found to put it is that a fountain machine makes a limited amount of drinks, but makes each very well. A Freestyle makes a lot of different drinks but doesn't make any to the quality of a traditional fountain drink. That said, you can download the Freestyle app (I think it's been renamed to +One now), and mess with percentages to make your own drink. Using that method, you can better replicate a soda fountain, but it still isn't the same. There are some drinks that taste similar enough out of a Freestyle machine, but they can't compete in flavor to their fountain machine counterparts. The only other complaint is that they need many Freestyle machines because they go offline when you have to refill them. Shutting them down, replacing the cartridges, and powering them back on can take an extended period of time. With a fountain machine, you don't have this extended time to refill the soda cartridges. I also find that the Freestyle machines are often almost completely "sold out" of most drinks because the time it takes to refill them is drastic enough that it makes more sense to leave them to run with a limited number of options than to take them offline, especially at resorts with a limited number of Freestyle machines (Grand Floridian).

With all that being said, I do like the Freestyle machines, and there are a lot of things going for them, namely the number of options. However, the flavor just isn't usually as high of a quality as a soda fountain.
You’re so right about them going off-line frequently. It seems like due to how complicated they are, not all CMs can get them back up and running. Thanks for your thoughts on them.

UNCgolf

My issue with the Freestyle machines is that I just like standard Coca-Cola, and you can't get it.

I mean, you can get what's called Coke in those machines, but it doesn't taste anything like Coke from a can, bottle, or regular fountain. It's terrible.

Tjaden

Someone once said that the Freestyle Machines have a slight bubblegum taste from all the flavors mixing on the nozzle on everything that comes out of it and now it's all I taste.

It might just be placebo though.

DisneyFanatic12

It's a pretty great amenity to have! I was impressed when they got added, they certainly improved my guest experience!

A Freestyle within the resort would work wonders for the Boardwalk. Their sole fountain machine is constantly out of ice, and cannot keep up with the demand for the entire resort. Additionally, the "boardwalk" itself feels more formal than other areas of the resort, so it's odd to have such a long commute to get a soda, along with feeling out of place wearing more casual clothing on the boardwalk. The issue then arises that the pool bar is the best location to get soda (and yes, the bartender will refill your mug), but then you feel as though you're pestering the bartender, and actual customers leave the bar because of the line of guests that just want their mug refilled.

Anyways, I agree with you. Caribbean Beach did a great job getting the scattered Freestyles throughout the property, and other resorts should follow in their footsteps given how little room needs to be put aside to install a Freestyle machine!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom