Free Parking

Tramp

Apparently not everyone knows that resort guests are entitled to FREE PARKING at the parks. Further, many of the CMs collecting the parking fees don't know it either.
When we investigated a little further, we found that Disney does not publicize this info widely and is very willing to collect 6 bucks from anyone willing to pay it.
If you display your resort parking pass on the dashboard of your car, you should be waved thru the gates without stopping. Two times we had to remind the CM of the policy...
we had annual passes to back us up anyways which provide for free parking.

madhatter

the best free parking is by going to the poly and say that youre eating at the kona cafe, they'll let you in, then park and get on the resort monorail or walk to the ttc. if you're going to the MK, at the end of the day take the resort boat back to the poly,its very scenic and a good way to unwind:D :D

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by madhatter
if you're going to the MK, at the end of the day take the resort boat back to the poly,its very scenic and a good way to unwind:D :D

I'm with you madhatter but they no longer operate those boats. Last I heard anyway. :(

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

I'm with you madhatter but they no longer operate those boats. Last I heard anyway. :(

They also give you a time stamped voucher good for 3 hours that you have to display in your windshield and they take down your plate number as you enter... I have no idea what's supposed to happen if you go beyond that time. I have once or twice by about an hour when I was there for other reasons (I have an AP so I don't pay for parking anyway) and they never did anything. I can't imagine them towing a guest's car for something like that but who knows? If it's there all day and parking is a problem in the resort that day, it isn't like you haven't been warned, right?

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

After being in the Contemporary for three weeks we got to know one of the gate security staff well. He said people parking for the Magic Kingdom was a big problem at the Contemporary. We actually saw a car being towed away and he said this was quite a regular occurance. He said that people say they are going to Chef Mickeys for breakfast and don't pick the car up until MK has closed. He was saying that pretty soon there will be a parking area specifically for short stay customers or nonresort guests any car abusing the system will be removed. Contemporary guests will be requested to display their parking permit or risk toaway after 3 hours and face a hefty fine to get their vehicle back.

Upvote 0

Daria

Downtown Disney parking

I am a Florida resident and found that parking at the Downtown Disney and taking the Disney bus to the parks works well.

I go to the parks by myself and with friends. I found this mode of transporation worked well given the fact that I only had a seasonal resident pass that did not include parking. I understand though that the AP does include parking so this would be a moot point for those folks.

If there are more than two, three adults and children involved then this may not be a good idea.

Daria

:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom