free extras??

cj2me

I can only think of Extra Magic Hours, unless you tell them before hand it's a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

Let's see....

They will send a lady in to clean your room everyday.
Give you a round trip ride to the parks.
Keep the pool clean.
etc.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but really, let them know if it is a special occasion. They usually send something.
ex. One year on our anniversary, (as sports) they left us a thank you autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie in our room. Another year (beach club) they sent a complimentary chocolate basket to our room for my wife.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

bobtheboss302 said:
i'm was looking for the little extra's like birthday's and other occasion's.

I don't know exactly what you have in mind, so my suggestion is to let them know upon check in what the occasion is, and the date of it.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The only "free" extra that I know about is the buttons that someone already mentioned. The button will get your child a little extra attention, but nothing like free deserts, merchandise, or anything like that......

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

They put a Pooh stuffed animal along with a picture of Pooh and the gang in the room for my niece this past Christmas. She loved it!

She's pretty popular on the day care playground with the Pooh autograph!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Depending on the cast member you may get any number of things if you tell them it's your birthday, anniversary, etc. I've heard of people getting balloons, autographs, and various gift baskets. We got upgraded to courtyard view at the Wilderness Lodge when my dad told them it was him and my mom's anniversary.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

bobtheboss302 said:
i'm was looking for the little extra's like birthday's and other occasion's.

You will also get free apostrophe removal.

Let's review:

Use an apostrophe if the word is possessive--if something belongs to someone/thing.
OR
If the word is a contraction.

In the above example, I'm, a contraction of I am, is correct use of an apostrophe.

"extras," "birthdays" and "occasions" are merely plural (more than one occasion) and must go without an apostrophe.

Upvote 0

dvm

While at AKL concierge, we were once given free fastpasses for the three of us for MK and AK. The concierge host was very nice during our entire stay. I think it is just luck of the draw sometimes, especially with room upgrades. We weren't upgraded to concierge, we chose it so that we could go on the sunrise safari, which also gives you a fastpass for kilimanjaro safari to ride again after you are done the safari and breakfast.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yellow Shoes said:

Let's review:

Use an apostrophe if the word is possessive--if something belongs to someone/thing.
OR

In the above example, I'm, a contraction of I am, is correct use of an apostrophe.

"extras," "birthdays" and "occasions" are merely plural (more than one occasion) and must go without an apostrophe.

This must be a new perk..... :lol: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ZapperZ

Well, the moral of the story here is that you should tell the hotel staff/concierge/guest relations/etc. when you're there or making the reservation. You just never know what they'll do, especially if it's during the slower season and they have a lot more options available to them.

I had my birthday there a couple of years ago. Besides getting the "Today is my birthday" pin from the Guest Relations, I also wore that silly, bit birthday cake hat while walking around MK. It was a lot of fun because almost every cast members were wishing me happy birthday, asking how my day was, etc... and other guests were also giving me best wishes. When we made the dinner reservation that evening, they were also told it was a birthday dinner. So when we arrived at our table, it was already sprinkled with glitter mickey ears and a small happy birthday note.

Of course, at the end, when they brought out the b'day cake that we ordered, the cast members were asking everyone in that part of the restaurant to wish happy b'day to me.

Er... what were we discussing about? Oh yes, EXTRAS! :)

So yes, those small things they do are the extras we didn't order, but it was what made it so memorable, and magical. You just need to let them know ahead of time if there's a special occasion.

Zz.

Upvote 0

Siege898

hakunamatata said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Yellow Shoes

Let's review:

OR

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This must be a new perk..... :lol: :sohappy:

Not True! I got it last year when I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge!:lol:

Upvote 0

becfehr

Going after my bday

Ok, so we are going BECAUSE it is my birthday, but it will be the week after, not the actual date. Does anyone know if I can still get the bday button? Do you have to prove your bday?

Thanks!

:xmas: Going Dec 6th-8th 2005

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
becfehr said:
Ok, so we are going BECAUSE it is my birthday, but it will be the week after, not the actual date. Does anyone know if I can still get the bday button? Do you have to prove your bday?

Thanks!

:xmas: Going Dec 6th-8th 2005
Yes you can. They don't card you or anything they just say "Happy Birthday" and hand you a button.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom