Free Dinning Oct - Nov Rumor

DarthDuck74

Original Poster
I heard a rumor Disney was sending out emails offering free dinning to people who have reservations. I have reservations and I have yet to receive an email. Anyone know anything about this or has anyone received the email?

Todd H

I heard a rumor Disney was sending out emails offering free dinning to people who have reservations. I have reservations and I have yet to receive an email. Anyone know anything about this or has anyone received the email?

Haven't seen anything here.

DisneyJoe

The marketing pin offers don't go to everyone; only Disney marketing has the secret formula.

I've seen them go to people with and without existing reservations.

ArmyDecals

Food and Wine

Why wouldn't you take the free food during Food and Wine? Just curious as I am going this year during that time.

bhg469

Why wouldn't you take the free food during Food and Wine? Just curious as I am going this year during that time.

Food and wine is a fun event for me. When you have the dining plan you end up not using points because of the festival. Then we ended up with a table service and a few counter service un used. Granted the plan was free but I felt we wasted it.

ArmyDecals

Food and wine is a fun event for me. When you have the dining plan you end up not using points because of the festival. Then we ended up with a table service and a few counter service un used. Granted the plan was free but I felt we wasted it.

Thanks that's very helpful. Still trying to decide, since it will only be 1 of my 3 full days there. I can't wait and my wife was really happy it was still going on since we were just hoping for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas.

Thanks again.

Condorman

Never again will I take this offer during food and wine.

Actually, if you're on the Dining Plan during F&W, DxDP anyway, you can use the snack credits on nearly all of the items offered, valued anywhere from $2.50 up to $8.00 -- nearly twice the value of snacks offered in other parks or during non-festival times in Epcot. For that alone, the DP is totally worth having during F&W. What makes the DP not worth it is the 2012 price jump. The yearly increases have pretty much wiped out the value it once had. To each his own.

Joshua&CalebDad

We got one...

My wife actually received a Pin Offer last week for free dining that goes till the beginning of December. We already did have reservations but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

You have to play what I call the "Pin Game." Make sure that you and everyone else in your party is registered on the Disney sight. Be sure to have everyone plan out a vacation package and save it to their Disney account.

Just so you know, we made our reservations last August for our upcoming November trip. I myself received a pin offer via mail sometime at the end of January and applied it. And as I said earlier, my wife received hers via e-mail last week.

You just have to play the game to increase your odds. Good luck.

Yep best use of dining plan during Food and Wine was get free Quick Service and then use two snacks at Food and Wine. Now only one snack with Quick Service but I would still do it in a heart beat.

bhg469

Actually, if you're on the Dining Plan during F&W, DxDP anyway, you can use the snack credits on nearly all of the items offered, valued anywhere from $2.50 up to $8.00 -- nearly twice the value of snacks offered in other parks or during non-festival times in Epcot. For that alone, the DP is totally worth having during F&W. What makes the DP not worth it is the 2012 price jump. The yearly increases have pretty much wiped out the value it once had. To each his own.

You know I think I recall that... I just remember being so full that we left meals on our cards. I guess my reasoning was flawed. F&w is by far my favorite time to visit though.

zjer

I haven't seen a free dining pin code however I received a 30% off code for November. As a solo traveler, that's actually better for me.

scoobygirl39541

I also received a free dining code a few weeks ago. Its for October through December I believe. But the dates are VERY limited and selective.

HouCuseChickie

I haven't seen a free dining pin code however I received a 30% off code for November. As a solo traveler, that's actually better for me.

Now that's the kind of PIN I'm hoping to get. Nothing yet, but fingers crossed since I save more with a room discount.

cslafferty

My husband received the PIN code email on May 24, even though my email address is the one associated with all of my Disney website memberships, our Disney Visa card, and the one on file for all of our online reservations in the past! I must say, I was kind of offended, in a way!!

It seems that there are fewer dates offered than last year at the same time, but our planned Dec. 13th trip just squeaks in! I haven't made my reservations yet (just gotten prices), so I was curious today to see if the price had increased at all, since ticket prices were supposed to have gone up today. But, surprisingly the price for our vacation has stayed the same as it was when I priced it last week!

bethannk511

Oh see I take the opportunity to do some signature dining in the case of free F&W. I'll make a late reservation at some place like Jiko or Narrccoossees and get to Epcot for the 11am start time and call it brunch!!

It's always good to shop around and see which way is cheaper of course. For my big 8 day solo adventure 2 years ago, I booked free dining (2 days of food and wine as it was ending). Then, they came out with a 40 percent off offer. The savings were HUGE!! So, I changed my booking to use the 40 percent off and paid for dining plan.

I went down a month ago for a few days. Didn't buy dining. Spend way too much money on food. Going forward, I'll always buy the dining plan! Even if it's just counter service!

But moral of the story is, consider the free dining during food and wine and take the opportunity to upgrade to signature restaurants!

flavious27

You know I think I recall that... I just remember being so full that we left meals on our cards. I guess my reasoning was flawed. F&w is by far my favorite time to visit though.

This is why we see hoop dee doo during our trips, it uses up an extra TS that we might not use. I really wish that they offered a dinning plan with 2 TS insted of 3 but those unused points is profit for wdw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom