Free dining questions

Thecrepecrusader

Original Poster
I have so many questions but I’ll start light.

2 year old going with us he does not get his own meals correct? Also what does the free dining quick service include per day? I’m a Disney vet but a free dining Virgin. 2 meals or 3 and then what else? I’m just so confused

thomas998

2 year old going with us he does not get his own meals correct? Also what does the free dining quick service include per day? I’m a Disney vet but a free dining Virgin. 2 meals or 3 and then what else? I’m just so confused
Rules may change... but since you have to have a ticket along with the room stay to get the free dining its safe to assume that since your 2 year old doesn't need a ticket to enter the park then they won't be getting the free dining. Now if you think the free dining is worth it you could always just buy the 2 year old a ticket and tell them he is 3, but honestly that's an awful lot of money for a ticket you don't need and would really not be justified by the "free" dining plan.

A quick service will get each person eligible 2 counter services per day 2 snacks per day and 1 refillable mug. If you want to upgrade to a standard plan that would include a table service instead of a quick service you used to be able to upgrade for about 23/day per adult. So if that's something you think makes sense to your family you could always check and see what the upgrade prices are this year.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I haven't used the Dining Plans in years. Travelling solo or with my son and his fiance, I've found room discounts and the Tables in Wonderland card save me more than "free" dining. Depending on the size of your party and your eating habits, your results may vary.

thomas998

I haven't used the Dining Plans in years. Travelling solo or with my son and his fiance, I've found room discounts and the Tables in Wonderland card save me more than "free" dining. Depending on the size of your party and your eating habits, your results may vary.
They really only make sense for families that are going to be staying exclusively at Disney resorts and parks. If you are just solo you will almost always find it better to search out a discounted room since the free dining only happens when you pay for a non-discounted room... usually the discount you get will more than cover the food bill you would have gotten with the dining plan.

Hcalvert

They really only make sense for families that are going to be staying exclusively at Disney resorts and parks. If you are just solo you will almost always find it better to search out a discounted room since the free dining only happens when you pay for a non-discounted room... usually the discount you get will more than cover the food bill you would have gotten with the dining plan.

You're right that it is for families. When I was going to book, the room discount was about $63 a night. Booking without free dining would have cost about $175 a night for the standard DDP (a family of 3-2 adults and 1 child). With the free dining promo, I upgraded from QS to the standard dining plan (an extra $50 per night for all of us), added an extra night to the reservation and a day to my ticket, and still saved $200 on my stay over the discounted room offer. I would've saved $400 if I didn't add the extra day to the stay and tickets. Of course, it is only worth it if you were planning on buying a hopper ticket, which we were going to do anyways. An added bonus was that the flights were the same price with the added day too. Therefore, the free dining promo worked for me even if it only saved me $200 overall as I get to stay an extra night at Disney as well as have an extra day in the parks.

Last edited:

Disney.Mike

As others have said it really depends on the group to see if its worth it. If its 2 adults and a 2 year old then you may be better off using reduced room rate specials. So for the free dining offers heres a basic run down:

Value and Moderate hotels: Quick service dining plan - includes 2 quick service meals per night, 2 snack credits per night, and 1 refillable Disney Mug per person

Deluxe hotels: Disney Dining plan - 1 quick service meal per night, 1 table service meal per night, 2 snack credits per night, and 1 refillable Disney Mug per person. With each table service meal each person gets an entree, dessert, and may substitute a refillable drink (coke, tea ect...) for ONE alcoholic beverage (no free refills on booze).

NOTE: the 2 year old DOES NOT get dining credits, but you can use a couple snack credits to feed them everyday and let them eat off the adult plates... also note: at buffets the kid WILL eat for free anyway

Hcalvert

As others have said it really depends on the group to see if its worth it. If its 2 adults and a 2 year old then you may be better off using reduced room rate specials. So for the free dining offers heres a basic run down:

Value and Moderate hotels: Quick service dining plan - includes 2 quick service meals per night, 2 snack credits per night, and 1 refillable Disney Mug per person

Deluxe hotels: Disney Dining plan - 1 quick service meal per night, 1 table service meal per night, 2 snack credits per night, and 1 refillable Disney Mug per person. With each table service meal each person gets an entree, dessert, and may substitute a refillable drink (coke, tea ect...) for ONE alcoholic beverage (no free refills on booze).

NOTE: the 2 year old DOES NOT get dining credits, but you can use a couple snack credits to feed them everyday and let them eat off the adult plates... also note: at buffets the kid WILL eat for free anyway

The QS meals also can include an alcoholic drink. Albeit, it might not be the best. I do like the sangria at Satu'li Canteen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom