FREE DINING Question???

GrowingUpDisney

Is the free dining plan only available for 10 consecutive days? We are going for 14 days in Sept/Oct.

If we can only get it for 10 days and we don't use all the meals on all the days, can we keep using the meals throught our 14 day stay or do they have to be used in the first 10 days?

Thanks,

Niki

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If i remember correctly, all packages only go up to 10 days. It's not a big deal though, just book 10 days and then 4 days. You would have to use the 10-days worth of meals before midnight the day you "checked out" on the 10th day. Also, remember each ressie needs tickets.

You might want to just get a 10-day free meal plan with tickets (you can buy any size tickets, 1-10 days) and then have a regular ressie for the last 4.

If you want to run the numbers online, head over to disneymagicalbeginnings.com and it lets you book the meal plan deal online. That way you can try a few different variations and see how it works out best for you. (7 and 7? *shrug*)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Also - this gives you a good opportunity to try a new or different resort. If you did 7 and 7, you could spend 1 week at one resort, then the second week at a second resort - and Disney will move your luggage for you. Just call bell services and they toss it in a van while you go enjoy a park, when you check into the "new" resort your luggage should be there waiting to be brought to your room.

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

Original Poster
Thanks mousemerf,

Now let me throw another twist in the plan. This gets complicated.

We are DVC members and already have that booked (Sept 22 to 28 @BWV, Sept 28 to Oct 1 - Disney Cruise, Oct 1 to 6 @ VWL). We also have APs.

I am looking at booking a tent spot at FW just to get the free dining. If I go ahead and book for 14 days (Sept 22 - Oct 6) and only get 10 days of meals can we use them the entire length of the stay? You see we won't use the meal days on Sept 28 - Oct 1, but I can't do another ressie after that becuase it will no longer be offered.

Also, if we have to do two ressies and buy 4 (2 for each adult each ressie) base tickets, can they be combined together for upgrade?

Niki

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

GrowingUpDisney said:
Thanks mousemerf,

Now let me throw another twist in the plan. This gets complicated.

We are DVC members and already have that booked (Sept 22 to 28 @BWV, Sept 28 to Oct 1 - Disney Cruise, Oct 1 to 6 @ VWL). We also have APs.

I am looking at booking a tent spot at FW just to get the free dining. If I go ahead and book for 14 days (Sept 22 - Oct 6) and only get 10 days of meals can we use them the entire length of the stay? You see we won't use the meal days on Sept 28 - Oct 1, but I can't do another ressie after that becuase it will no longer be offered.

Also, if we have to do two ressies and buy 4 (2 for each adult each ressie) base tickets, can they be combined together for upgrade?

Niki

To answer your main question...

When you are booked on the Magic Your Way Plus Dinning, (with or without the "free dining" discount offer) you can use your dine entitlements anytime between the time you check-in or register at your resort on the date you are scheduled to arrive, until midnight on the date you are scheduled to check out. Any unused entitlements will expire at midnight on the date you are scheduled to check-out. Entitlements cannot saved to be used for a continuing reservaton.

To answer your questions on booking a tent site just to get the free Dinning...

Guest are not permitted to book two or more reservations for the same travel party for the same travel period. This practice unfairly makes fewer rooms available for our other Guests.

Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Grand Villas at Disney Vacation Club Properties, and all suite accomodations at all of the other Disney Resorts are not included in any of the current "Free Dining" vacation package offers.

Once a Magic Your Way ticket is activated or issued as part of a package it is non-transferable and non-refundable. Ticket media issued to multiple Guests cannot be combined. Multiple tickets issued to the same Guest also cannot be combined or refunded in whole or part.

I hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
I have a related question? I am booked for 10 days with the free dining plan and I am looking to add one night to my vacation. (I want to take the little ones to see the wiggles.) Since the 11th day will not be entitled to free dining, because the package is limited to 10 days, can I still carry any of the unused entitlements over to the 11th day?
Thanks. Also,I haven't booked the 11th day yet, should I do it now or upon check-in?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

DisneyMom06 said:
I have a related question? I am booked for 10 days with the free dining plan and I am looking to add one night to my vacation. (I want to take the little ones to see the wiggles.) Since the 11th day will not be entitled to free dining, because the package is limited to 10 days, can I still carry any of the unused entitlements over to the 11th day?
Thanks. Also,I haven't booked the 11th day yet, should I do it now or upon check-in?

Due to system constraints, the longest you could book any type of vacation package is for 10 nights. Only room-only reservations can be booked longer (up to 30 nights.) If you would like to stay an 11th night, you will need to make a separate 1 night reservation, and would be required to check-out and check back in and get new Resort ID cards. The resort will make every effort to keep you in the same room, but this cannot be guaranteed.

The only package component that can be used after your check-out date is your Magic Your Way Theme Park ticket. All dine entitlements will expire at midnight on the scheduled check-out date for your package.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
JPVonDrake said:
Due to system constraints, the longest you could book any type of vacation package is for 10 nights. Only room-only reservations can be booked longer (up to 30 nights.) If you would like to stay an 11th night, you will need to make a separate 1 night reservation, and would be required to check-out and check back in and get new Resort ID cards. The resort will make every effort to keep you in the same room, but this cannot be guaranteed.

The only package component that can be used after your check-out date is your Magic Your Way Theme Park ticket. All dine entitlements will expire at midnight on the scheduled check-out date for your package.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Thank you very much, this does help with want I need to plan.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom