Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

The free dining plan offer is on the table again according to the Mousesavers site. Same info but the deadline is now 8-20-2005! If you are looking for a deal here is another opportunity!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Computer Magic said:
Now only if this offer was extended to include the first of December.

Yea, extend it two more weeks so it's when I'm going.

I saw the announcemnt at mousesavers, then I saw the same dates as before...grrr...well I hope they have another anouncment soon on something for 10/05/2005 and on... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
Now only if this offer was extended to include the first of December.

If they are offering this plan again maybe they will have a deal for December also! Wishful thinking for you!

Either the plan did not go over that well or the deadline was cut too soon! But it is an opportunity for some out there!

Upvote 0

bucklmd

Can this deal be right??

I was going to start a new thread, but since this one is on similar topic, maybe someone can help. One of my friends is going to Disney for the first time ever Oct. 2-7th. It's for a family of 4 (2 parents and kids are ages 3-9).

Well, I was looking at package prices for her online through the Disney website and for a 5-nights stay at All-Star Sports, 4-day MYW tickets (PH option) and the dining plan offer, it comes to $1290.10. I mean, this seems a bit unbelievable to me. That is a GREAT deal. I keep thinking it's wrong, but I printed it out and it says under special rate type: Magic your way package with dining special offer.

What doesn't make sense about it, is that the park tickets alone are $600-$800 and from the offer icon I clicked on, it said the dining plan was $506 per adult and $166 per child. Well, add those up and you're way over the $1290 price.

Also, I noticed that the offer is only through Oct. 4 or 5. Since they are staying through those days, it is still offering it. Would that be right too? I would really appreciate any clerification anyone could provide.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I can tell you that I booked the same offer but at a Moderate for Oct 1st-8th and for 6 people staying 7 nights/8 days with Park tickets and the hopper feature , and 2 hotel rooms it was $3443.00!!! That works out to roughly $575.00 a piece. With the Value resorts it would certainly be cheaper than that even!!! The Dining plan is $38/$39 dollars a night for adults and like $10/$12 for kids 9 or under. Keep in mind that you get one snack, one counter service and one sit down restaurant meal per NIGHT per person for your stay. Belle

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
bucklmd said:
I was going to start a new thread, but since this one is on similar topic, maybe someone can help. One of my friends is going to Disney for the first time ever Oct. 2-7th. It's for a family of 4 (2 parents and kids are ages 3-9).

Well, I was looking at package prices for her online through the Disney website and for a 5-nights stay at All-Star Sports, 4-day MYW tickets (PH option) and the dining plan offer, it comes to $1290.10. I mean, this seems a bit unbelievable to me. That is a GREAT deal. I keep thinking it's wrong, but I printed it out and it says under special rate type: Magic your way package with dining special offer.

What doesn't make sense about it, is that the park tickets alone are $600-$800 and from the offer icon I clicked on, it said the dining plan was $506 per adult and $166 per child. Well, add those up and you're way over the $1290 price.

Also, I noticed that the offer is only through Oct. 4 or 5. Since they are staying through those days, it is still offering it. Would that be right too? I would really appreciate any clerification anyone could provide.

The food per person per night of stay is indeed FREE! Everyone on the package will have to have the same ticket options, etc. If you book this package on or before Oct. 4th and your stay goes thru this date the rate stays the same (up to 10 days at most thou). So you will get the value season rate per night for this family (about $86.00/night), Free food per night stay (saving about $96/day), and whatever tickets you purchase. Keep in mind you do not have to get a ticket for every day of your stay. The system default will prompt that! My family (2 adults and 2 children 3-9 are going Oct. 1 - 7 and we purchased only one ticket per person because of existing Park hoppers and I am so pumped!)

Looking at the numbers that you posted on the Dining Plan do look incorrect! It should be around $480 for a family of four for 5 nights. Also, if you were looking to spend more money anyway you might what to go ahead and purchase a 10 day noX ticket and use the remaining days on the next trip! Although they would not be park hoppers you could use 5 this trip and 5 next trip. If you did want to park hop (usually AK and DS are half day parks) you could use an extra ticket! Here is an example:
4 day park tickets for 2 adults & 2 children 3-9 with PH option
= $ 850.00
10 day park tickets for same family with No expiration only
= $ 1225.00
A difference of $375.00
So, first trip this October would use 5 tickets = $612.50 and the next trip you would already have 5 tickets ready! This is of course if you were already going to spend the money this time anyway! You would be saving $480 on food this October anyway! Or if you are like me you only have enough to get down to WDW because of this great offer!:D

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Honestly, if these people have not been to WDW before IMHO they should not try to park hop too much because they would be wasting a lot of time going between parks when they could just relax a enjoy a full day at one!

Post edited due to wrongful information. Sorry!

Upvote 0

bucklmd

New2WDW said:
You are purchasing tickets and room!

Wow! Well, now I really want to go at such a great deal. The dining plan sounds great even if you do have to pay for it. I think maybe we'll try that next time we go or at least after we have kids. Thanks so much for enlightening me. Since they are new to the world, I don't think they will buy the extra days they don't need. The Mom is going for the kids enjoyment and thinks she'll never want to go back.

I agree with you too. I don't know if the park hopper is the best idea for them since they have never been. It may get too confusing for them. In this day in age, I really almost fear for people who have never been to Disney. It is so big and can be so intimidating. There are also lots of people that just go and never do any research on it. Very bad idea. Anyway, I am excited that they can go for such a great price. I'm trying to get them to upgrade to a nicer resort since they are going to save so much on the dining plan. Do you know if this plan is available if you book a moderate or deluxe?

Thanks again and have a magical day! :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

bucklmd said:
Wow! Well, now I really want to go at such a great deal. The dining plan sounds great even if you do have to pay for it. I think maybe we'll try that next time we go or at least after we have kids. Thanks so much for enlightening me. Since they are new to the world, I don't think they will buy the extra days they don't need. The Mom is going for the kids enjoyment and thinks she'll never want to go back.

I agree with you too. I don't know if the park hopper is the best idea for them since they have never been. It may get too confusing for them. In this day in age, I really almost fear for people who have never been to Disney. It is so big and can be so intimidating. There are also lots of people that just go and never do any research on it. Very bad idea. Anyway, I am excited that they can go for such a great price. I'm trying to get them to upgrade to a nicer resort since they are going to save so much on the dining plan. Do you know if this plan is available if you book a moderate or deluxe?

Thanks again and have a magical day! :)

Yes it absolutely is available at the Moderate & Deluxe levels, Just be sure that your travel dates fall within the date range given of 8/21/05-10/4/05 and be sure to call to book this by 8/20/05 or the offer will expire!!! Belle

Upvote 0

ArielBelle

I wish DVC members could get free meals when we book our rooms! Sometimes they forget to give us perks---because they know they don't have to do anything else to bring us there!

Guess they are right..I keep going!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom