Free Dining in 2007?

Cindyrella

Original Poster
I've taken advantage of the free dining offered in '05 and '06. What are the chances it'll be offered in 2007? I saw that UK residents could take advantage of it next Aug and Sept.

typhoonguy

I wouldnt expect it unless the anticipated crowd volume is at or below this years numbers.
ACTUALLY, if you take a look at the Cast Member block-out dates for your 2007 dining discount, (if you're a CM with portal access) you might notice that August and September 2007 are completely blocked out... isn't that odd considering that August and September are value season?

Yes, you should see the free dining promotion in 2007. Obviously can't guaruntee it, but multiple clues in WDTC have pointed towards a repeat of that offer.

Rob562

ACTUALLY, if you take a look at the Cast Member block-out dates for your 2007 dining discount, (if you're a CM with portal access) you might notice that August and September 2007 are completely blocked out... isn't that odd considering that August and September are value season?

Yes, you should see the free dining promotion in 2007. Obviously can't guaruntee it, but multiple clues in WDTC have pointed towards a repeat of that offer.

Though as the original poster mentioned, they're already offering the free dining during those dates for UK residents. I can see this as two-fold. One, it gives UK residents incentive to book their trips early (and with many taking multiple week vacations, they probbaly like to book early, too.) Those visitors also tend to spend more money while they're here. So, I'm guessing that Disney's trying to court them to come to Disney next fall.

The free dining promotion is mostly to lure guests on-property and fill rooms during their lowest average occupancy period; rooms that would otherwise be empty. I'd also assume that if Disney hits some pre-set "quota" of UK free dining packages, they may not even offer it to US guests because they won't have empty rooms to be filled.

(Of course, as a friend and I are interested in taking advantage of that promotion for the first time (should it become available), I personally hope they DO offer it to us, too.) :)

-Rob

miles1

JMHO, I think they will offer it (I sure hope so, it was great!) but for a reduced time, maybe eliminating August and allowing just September. Florida kids will not be going back to school as early this year, so the occupancy might be up for August without the dining plan.

For those that haven't tried it, do so. We ate any many Disney restaruants that we otherwise wouldn't have, had a great time, and saved at least $1000 in the process. Definitely worth it!

Does anyone remember when it was announced last year?

vmkaddict

Hoping, hoping, hoping:slurp: .........I've also taken advantage of the promo in 05' and 06'. I'm going again next Sept whether they offer it or not, but..hoping, hoping, hoping:slurp:.

p.s. If anyone of importance is watching........I'm NOT going unless they offer the free dining plan:D

luna99

so the free dining... if it is offered.. would probably not be until closer to the end of the summer.. end of the year in 2007?

I'm just curious. I want to go next April or May and it would be wonderful to be able to take advantage of something like that.

Rob562

so the free dining... if it is offered.. would probably not be until closer to the end of the summer.. end of the year in 2007?

I'm just curious. I want to go next April or May and it would be wonderful to be able to take advantage of something like that.

The Free Dining promotion has only ever been offered from late-August through the end of Septmeber. This approx 6 week period of time has historically been Disney's lowest occupancy rate at the hotels, hence the promo to fill those rooms.

-Rob

meryll83

There still seems to be a lot of availablility for it here in the UK,
that's as far as I can gather, coz although it has to be booked by November the 5th (or sometime around then, can't remember exactly), it also says the offer is available on a limited amount of rooms.

The offer is still available at all the All Stars and Pop, although Movies is only selling preferred rooms now.

Haven't checked any of the other resorts, but it seems that means it hasn't been outstandingly popular in the UK, so you guys may be in luck!!

meryll83

I love it when I come across a picture of some really yummy looking food that someone has posted here.
I'm a bit of a foodie and some things I've seen look really good.

(Sorry bit off track there) - but I've only ever eaten in counter service places, the Rose & Crown and Sci-Fi, so I'm really looking forward to trying some new places this time round, seeing as though we have the plan. I can't wait :slurp:

crossfamily

I actually got to take advantage of the free dining this past aug! Its was a wonderful treat! I had orginally planned my trip then noticed the free dining and called with questions about it and they credited my account! It was an awsome surprise. I would have gladly paid for the dining I just wanted it added! I will definately add dining to my package wheather it is free or not in the future. 2 meals paid for the whole plan!

ironmanof12

Free dining for Brits

We have booked from U.K. and have the free disney dining plan. It is being offered to us for departures from early Sept to end Sept 2007. ( but it had to be booked by end Oct 2006 so offer is nearly thro here!!) :slurp:
Can't wait - look to be a great plan !!!!:sohappy:

meryll83

For all those in the UK - official details: get booking now, only 11 days left!

Feeding your family just got easier. Now when you purchase a package including a five-night or more stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and a five-day or more Theme Park Ticket, you receive the Disney Dining Plan for free.

Book between August 25 and November 6, 2006 for arrivals between August 12 and September 29, 2007 to get this delicious deal.

See Important Details Below

centerColGradient.gif

The number of rooms available for this offer is limited. Offer available to residents of UK and Northern Ireland. No group rates or other discounts apply. Applies to all new bookings only through the Walt Disney Travel Company (includes Travel Agent Bookings). Disney Dining plan is available for all persons in the party aged three or over. Guests aged three to nine must order from the children's menu where available. Disney Dining Plan cannot be transferred and no cash alternative will be given. Disney reserves the right to substitute, change or withdraw this offer at any time.

JimboJones123

For all those in the UK - official details: get booking now, only 11 days left!

Feeding your family just got easier. Now when you purchase a package including a five-night or more stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and a five-day or more Theme Park Ticket, you receive the Disney Dining Plan for free.

Book between August 25 and November 6, 2006 for arrivals between August 12 and September 29, 2007 to get this delicious deal.

See Important Details Below

centerColGradient.gif

The number of rooms available for this offer is limited. Offer available to residents of UK and Northern Ireland. No group rates or other discounts apply. Applies to all new bookings only through the Walt Disney Travel Company (includes Travel Agent Bookings). Disney Dining plan is available for all persons in the party aged three or over. Guests aged three to nine must order from the children's menu where available. Disney Dining Plan cannot be transferred and no cash alternative will be given. Disney reserves the right to substitute, change or withdraw this offer at any time.

So if you live in Southern Ireland and work in Northern Ireland yer sc#####, even though you spend most of your week in Northern Ireland?

Or am I being stupid political guy and there is a Berlin Wall thing going on in Ireland. If so, just shoot me now and find a place to stuff all those snakes.

meryll83

So if you live in Southern Ireland and work in Northern Ireland yer sc#####, even though you spend most of your week in Northern Ireland?

Or am I being stupid political guy and there is a Berlin Wall thing going on in Ireland. If so, just shoot me now and find a place to stuff all those snakes.

Pretty much! :lol:

JimboJones123

Pretty much! :lol:

That I'm stuipid... I guessed as much. It was just funny seeing w/ all the North vs South stuff here in the states (yes it still exists very much so after nearly 150 years) it restricting it to North Ireland. Probably not so funny for those involved. And I'll stop now before I have the TOS given to be about political stuffies.

meryll83

That I'm stuipid... I guessed as much. It was just funny seeing w/ all the North vs South stuff here in the states (yes it still exists very much so after nearly 150 years) it restricting it to North Ireland. Probably not so funny for those involved. And I'll stop now before I have the TOS given to be about political stuffies.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom